jeffo21

disc brakes?

Yep.  Won't really work any better than what you have now from a functional standpoint, but if the aftermarket kits are ever discontinued parts won't be available.

You just need newer model knuckles, hubs and rotors, and calipers.  I've swapped 420 Rancher brakes onto a 350 Rancher, and 500 Foreman brakes onto a 450 Foreman.  Your 01 Rubicon uses the same ball joints top and bottom as the newer disc brake equipped models so you could swap discs in from that 05-14 Rubicon/05-11 Foreman/ 06-up Rincon at the ball joints, and if you plan to keep the machine long term replacement components will be available from Honda (and currently can be easily found in the used market)

• Like 1

Sixity sells disc brake psds that are made the same as the SuperATV pads and are less than half the price , but there are two different part numbers and they don't give measurements , they look like the distance between the holes are a little different in the pics

does anyone know which one of these two applications might work in place of SuperATV 

2012-2013-Arctic-Cat-700

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Organic-Brake-Pads-2012-2013-Arctic-Cat-700-Super-Duty-Diesel-Set-Full-fp/163962621724?hash=item262cef0f1c:g:CX4AAOSwuCBd3Zsj

2010-2011-Arctic-Cat-700

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Organic-Brake-Pads-2010-2011-Arctic-Cat-700-Super-Duty-Diesel-Set-Full-ym/163962621853?hash=item262cef0f9d:g:wsMAAOSwPqBd3Zsq

this link is the SuperATV pads 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SuperATV-Honda-ATV-Front-Brake-Pads-For-SuperATV-Disc-Brake-Kits/152614308926?hash=item2388858c3e:g:u5gAAOSw5cJasB5A

I thought the Superatv pads were the same as some Arctic Cat?

I have a SuperATV disc conversion the wife gave me.  Was going to put it on a 300, but decided to use 07-13 420 Discs instead, so will try to use the SuperATV kit on one of these 350 Foremans I have piled up.

• Like 1

Seems there might be two artic cat styles. I went ahead and ordered one of each of those linked above and going to see what works.  They are $9 a set from Sixity. $24 list from super Atv 

• Like 1

Arctic Cat uses the same pads on many of there machines front and rear and they fit the super atv kits. I order the for the 05+ 500s but it's the same pad all the way up to the 1000. I looked on sixitys site it it looks like $6 for the front kit (both sides) with free shipping. That's cheap.

• Like 2

I should have gone to Sixity's site for $6  , I paid $9.88 each for Sixity off e-bay with free shipping , could have saved another $8 on the two sets I ordered ,  they should be here soon , got a set of 2011 to 2012 -700 pads and 2013-2014 - 700 pads , both have different part number , look exactly the same in the pic ---- I used the Artic Cat pads before , would have to go back to the old site on one of my threads and see which ones I used , pretty sure they were for the 800 

My disc pads came in today , they are all the same ---  SuperATV and Sixity Arctic Cats 

fullsizeoutput_b2b.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh , I didn't mention the real kicker , on the  Sixity description it says set , well a set is one side , not a complete set for both wheels like SuperATV sells them , so they are $4 cheaper per set of two sets from e-bay compared to SuperATV -----  TooDeep says  on Sixity's site they are $6 , so x 2 is $12 , so that's $12 cheaper if you go to and order from Sixity's site , I am going to check that Sixity Web site out right now 

The brake material looks better on the Sixity , no matter what part number of Arctic Cat  you pick from Sixity they send the same pads 

They had 3 different "sets" on the site. Front/rear, rear and front. They was all different prices (rear was around $4) so I was just guessing that was a pair for the $6. I didn't see a clear description on that though.

I forgot to search their site -----------  the Honda dealer here sells pads one side in a pack , they are like $35 per side for pads to fit an Arctic Cat , $70 a set , I  think they were EBC , I bought a set ( 2 )  and they lasted a long time , but not 3 times as long and they were 3 times the price , so it was not a good deal