Orvis25

Trx300FW - Oil Cooler Mod (Tutorial)

would you happen to have a pic handy you can post ? or send me ? i don't why i can't find one, or that video, it showed exactly where to drill the holes.

Wilson , the link I left has all the info , if you can't view it  ----   but here is a brief summary   : 

He  sells on facebook ,  they are made out of billet aluminum and here is a pic --- 

image.png

As far as I can see there are no pics of any of his products on his site 

thanks, most likely the oem filter cap wouldn't be posted there anyways. this was / is a YouTube diy video.... no worries.... I'll end up finding it. 

This is a question of ignorance. If the engine is running hot, which I’ve read they do, could it also be from running lean and heating the piston up too much? If it’s too lean, wouldn’t it idle different? Is it possible to have the idle dialed in but lean? 

Or am I over thinking it? They just run hot.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

@JR_TRX yes a lean running engine will definitely run hotter. No doubt about it. 

Can an idle be dialed in and still be lean? Meaning to the ear it sounds good but could be lean? 

3 hours ago, JR_TRX said:

Can an idle be dialed in and still be lean? Meaning to the ear it sounds good but could be lean? 

To a certain extent yes. It will be hard to start, but u can figure all that out looking at your plug.. & setting ur air/fuel screw. That will determine if ur too lean on the pilot. 

• Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, Fishfiles said:

Banjo fitting  to #6 ANS /JIC to #6  hose barb and do away with the steel tube and hose clamps ---  or go with the oil filter cover plate 

fullsizeoutput_be3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bd8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_be4.jpeg

image.png

Where did you get the banjo fitting adapters from. 

41 minutes ago, KayoticKorean said:

Where did you get the banjo fitting adapters from. 

I forgot the guy's name , meet him off of the 300 Club on facebook , but I have not seen him advertise on there in a long time ---- I have his number somewhere cause I talked with him several times ---- looking thru my phone just  now , I found the guy the makes the oil filter adaptor plates for the cooler --- I would have to dig out folders on my 300s from my files or look thru my build threads over on HondaATV  

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Jake Janekek

Jake  has the oil filter adaptors :    But he is not the guy that makes the adaptors to banjo fittings ( black fitting is banjo adaptor ) --- still never thought of the guys name yet 

image.png

Jake Janekek  has these For Sale. Oil cooler adapter plates. This will allow you to neatly and effectively add an oil cooler to your 300 to keep it Honda reliable for MANY more years. $75 shipped. Made in USA. 77060  ---

I really don't like these plates , the hose fitting is right in the side of your leg 

image.png