i noticed today, was signed out..... and i hardly ever sign out from the forums because of my handle, i found it very strange i was signed out, i thoight maybe ?  this was something to do with a forums hiccup, just asking if anyone else had been signed out automatically, because i always check remember me, this is the 1st time it's happened to me here. 

google, has been acting funny of late. i cant get rid of the persistent cookies. they just keep coming back. take controll. not much help for you i guess.

what, device are ya on 1st., eliminate the excess baggage/junk, history, cookies, etc., there is more to this than i am posting. i cant teach it, just know what to do, on occasion.

know where to ask. never remained signed on anywhere., it just dont grate me right. i be a bit paranoid, trusting the net.. my opinion, only,,

did the history, rebooted, but (not the cookies) but I've done this many times, (just clearing historty) and still never had to sign back in, i think something else happened (suspiciously) but doesn't matter, I'm signed back in, and I'm staying signed in, but I'll be watching things closely from now on ;) 

3 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i cant get rid of the persistent cookies

i dont what to tell you  about that, i have no trouble clearing cookies, i just choose not to because if i do, then i have a few forums and sites to sign back into, but it is about time for me to clear them... lol..... and now i can with this new phone, I'm also signed in here with it. you might check with retro on those hard to delete cookies. 

I stay signed in all the time aswell. But anytime i clear cookies and history on my phone it logs me off and i have to sign back on. Has happened since day one and its been every single time. Only issue i have had from time to time is the site freezes and i cant scroll. But that has happened on multiple other sites and is always fixed with a cookie and history clear.

• Like 1

Honestly I log out everytime I leave this and other forums but with the cookies saved I am always logged back in when I return.  Wilson maybe something to do with the new phone you have, just a guess....

• Like 1

it's not the new phone.... my bad for not saying so, i was on the  ipad, but, i only have to log in when i clear cookies, (Not when i clear history) the odd thing is i didn't sign out, and didnt clear cookies, but when i went to look in the forums, and jump into chat, i was logged out, and it was the 1st time i was logged out here without doing it myself. anyways..... thank you all for the replys, I've had management of radioreference sign me out before for being inactive after so much time...... lol 

Getting signed out may happen during server maintenance procedures because after performing updates sometimes nginx must be restarted for changes to code to be loaded. But there have not been any updates so far this month so the issue is probably on your end.

My desk top will stay logged in until I log out , can turn it off and it will remember me , but on my phone it will log me out as soon asI leave a page of the forum and I have to use the password to get back in --- what is kind of wild is , if I am logged in with the desk top and phone at the same time , I only show up on the user list one time , the ghost rider 

that's how my ipad is ..... like i said it stays logged untill i log out here, but i know one day it was log out 1st time it ever happened here i can reboot and I'm still logged in when i get back, only when i clear data / data i have to log back into ever site / forums that I'm a member of...... I don't see how it could be on my end when this site was the only site / forums i was logged out of that day, i am however marked off line after so much being inactive .... i think that's a standard for all members who are inactive for a while..... but the signnout issue has not happened again sence August 7th...... so I'm good.... thanks for the imput. 

Every once and awhile all my stuff gets logged out for nor reason that I can see.  I figure it's an update that went through either on the forum, on my device, or ???

that's make sence but just one site / forums ? the rest i was logged into... i still was, that's why thought maybe an update here... anyways .... it's all good now.