AKATV

2013 Arctic Cat 450 EFI

Man Arctic Cat is having me pull what hair I have left out..................

No hose and wiring routing in their service manual and I have a true basket case (I actually brought motor home in bags and baskets) that is 99 percent finished

Just need to button it up properly and I have a few things I cannot figure out

I posted over at the old Arctic Cat Forum ( boooo-hissss) over 18 months ago- I got like one reply back...

Anyways, here is a link to the post explaining most everything

https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/2013-450-need-help-see-pictures.486271/

Basically if anyone knows anyone who might have a 2013 or so Cat 450 or 500, I really need some help or a few pictures

I even have a coolant hose that comes off the radiator neck into a tee and have no idea where it goes

it just hangs above the cylinder-kind of embarrassing I can t figure it out

Their factory service manuals do not have wiring and hose routing and the parts fiche online is no help either

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated

Edited by AKATV

Man I feel you.

My FIL has a couple of the old AC 300's from around 2000 (basically a rebadged Suzuki King Quad).  I had to replace the starter reduction gears on one of them and they are a major PITA to work on .  Parts are $$$$ too.

• Like 1

I worked (briefly) for an Arctic Cat dealership and found their wiring to be less than ideal. Too bad I can't be of more help, I just recall having to diagnose problems that were related to wiring and sometimes a new, complete harness was required.

The way the factory did the routing was pretty bush league so I'm sure you can do better on your own!

I was actually looking at a lot of the wiring thinking somebody had been in there before, because it was all tied to the frame with dollar store black zip ties

Then I noticed some of the pictures in the service manual...that’s just what they use..

The word “bush league” came to mind as well as a few others -lol

I have pretty much just resolved myself to just put it together the best way I can and route everything with what seems to make the best sense

I like to do things correctly and try to put things back together as close to factory as original

The lack of information on how to do that is frustrating, especially having the factory manual

I’ll probably just try to find somebody who has the same model and can shoot me a few pictures

Man, if I could just look at one for like five minutes it would solve all my problems

I have to say this makes me appreciate the Honda factory service manuals a little more😀

Edited by AKATV

Sounds familiar, had a brand new Cat ATV that wouldn't start right out of the crate. Ended up being a loose wire connection at the coil. 

They just use some cheesy spade connector that wasn't tight enough - great quality control guys!