jeepwm69

Big thanks to Fishfiles for the swingarm

Was lucky that @Fishfiles hadn't scrapped this swingarm for a TRX250A from 1985.

Most of these old 250's now get scrapped if anything goes wrong with them.  Parts aren't easy to find, and people want the rear ends for 300's.

This one has a 250SX rear end in it, so no good for a 300 swap (unless you did it in a 2wd), and it runs good, so I'm going to fix it and hopefully it will go to a good home who will keep it going.

Anyhow, THANKS AGAIN for the swingarm Fish.  As you can see, the old one was a little dinged up.

These swingarms are a PITA to get on and off!  Makes me appreciate the way it is on the newer models!  Normally Honda did things better on the old bikes, but not in this case.

swingarm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad it helped you out and it lives again , kind of like a puppy got re-homed  at the dog pound ----   Lucky it didn't crack the diff case when it broke loose , never had it happen to me but seen many pics where it did --   if I had to guess the bolts where the rear end  attached to the tube came loose and started the failure --------   self locking stover nuts and grade 8 bolts 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Glad it helped you out and it lives again , kind of like a puppy got re-homed  at the dog pound ----   Lucky it didn't crack the diff case when it broke loose , never had it happen to me but seen many pics where it did --   if I had to guess the bolts where the rear end  attached to the tube came loose and started the failure --------   self locking stover nuts and grade 8 bolts 

The left swingarm bearing was completely gone, and the right side where it bolted to the brake panel had mostly broken off, so 2 of the 3 bolts were no longer connected to the swingarm (the little ear broke off the swingarm).

And the guy who had it was 6' 3" or so, and probably weighed 350, so it's amazing it held up as long as it did LOL