Bluezulu49

Editing previewed post.

Hi Guys,

I find that I cannot edit a post after I preview it but before I post it.  In other words when I type a post I preview it and, if (mostly when) I find a mistake or something I need to add to, I cannot edit what I have done as the previewed text appears not to be editable and the post itself is not visible. The only workaround I have come up with is to copy the post before I preview it, then preview it, go back one page in the browser history, paste the text in again and then modify it.

I am using a mid 2012 Macbook Pro running OSX Mojave 10.14.6 and my browser is Opera Version:65.0.3467.62.

Otherwise the site is working very well for me.

You have to close the preview to get back to the original post. Little (x) in the upper right hand corner of the preview. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wanted to ask what the timeline is to edit posts once created?

I see I had a few spelling errors etc on a post and when I went back, was unable to edit

Dont want to be looking like I need one of those Diplomas from the University of SPAM over across the way ☺️

Edited by AKATV

Currently we have the post edit timer set at 40 minutes. However, the first post in every thread should be editable by the thread author for an unlimited time. We've been testing the 40 minute timer for quite a while, if you'd like to see an increase in that timer say so... we can ask the membership for it. If you have a post you want edited now but cannot edit it yourself you can ask any moderator to edit for you.

No, thats plenty of time, just wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong

For some reason I had it in my mind that we could always go back and edit on here

I will just proofreed :classic_wink: better next time, I was in a hurry to get out to the garage and all that

Posted (edited)

i just noticed some of my edits and posts are not taking. some of it may be just me. sometimes it ain't, though. i got some OCD. i used the have to lock the door at the shop. i would make to inside my truck, then go back and check, maybe up to three time's.

then, the move from fern creek to high grove. i got off at the wrong exit for over 6 weeks. 😀

it's tied into the Emoji, or my 2 GB memory, on my PC. Just happened again. no memory on my part ;~}

i was editing a post.

Edited by LedFTed
got to

i hate asking a moderator to edit my post for comma's and the like. spelling would be nice, then you, and i, would have to figure out what i was spelling. sometimes i dont catch my mistake's till year's later. it matter's to me, maybe not anyone else. just saying, though, not complaining, really. who said i got OCD. LOL

OCD = Obsessive Complaining Disorder ? ---  LOL