WonderMonkey

Warning: Hot Topic Inside

Electronic Shifting (ES) ATV's are far superior than crappy manual sifting ones.

Also there are never problems with the ES system.

THERE.

Edited by WonderMonkey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

oh man this could end up like a tire debate thread..... lol.... it's sure to be popular :D i might have to get me one, one of these days.... 

• Like 1

When your in the ring boxing  , you must practice the Ali rope a dope tactic  ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd hate to tangle with him.... lol, i like my teeth just as they are (ALL THERE) lol! i don't think some of you saw his work out videos ... lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I have an ES, never had a manual shift to compare, so my opinion is muted.  I can say never had an issue with my ES so either I'm lucky or doing retro's preventative maintenance has done the job for me.....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Well I have an ES, never had a manual shift to compare, so my opinion is muted.  I can say never had an issue with my ES so either I'm lucky or doing retro's preventative maintenance has done the job for me.....

Your opinion is VALID.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

Electronic Shifting (ES) ATV's are far superior than crappy manual sifting ones.

Also there are never with the ES system.

THERE.

then please explain to me, why there is es models for sale on CL's, like 10 to 1 over manual shifts ?, please explain to me, why there is more members that join here with es problems that manual shift models ?, please explain to me..WHERE THE HECK YOU ARE GETTING YOUR LIES FROM ??!...LOL. me thinks..you are trying to stir the fire...and waiting on the boil over ?. surely you can do better than this ?, maybe you better stick with boxing..cuz you sure suck at your model info !..rofl.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, shadetree said:

then please explain to me, why there is es models for sale on CL's, like 10 to 1 over manual shifts ?, please explain to me, why there is more members that join here with es problems that manual shift models ?, please explain to me..WHERE THE HECK YOU ARE GETTING YOUR LIES FROM ??!...LOL. me thinks..you are trying to stir the fire...and waiting on the boil over ?. surely you can do better than this ?, maybe you better stick with boxing..cuz you sure suck at your model info !..rofl.

There are 10-1 sales because they are so much more popular.  There are manual shift people that want to sell, but nobody's is buying!  Chances are they will be dumped into the river soon.

I'm getting my FACTS from the government, who always tells me the truth, and I never question what they say.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I might as well pile wood on the fire. Had a 2004 Rancher ES for 10 years and 6000 miles. No problems. Have a 2015 Rubicon FA7 with 3300 miles.....no problems. Maybe I'm just really lucky but I sure don't baby it. Run in temps from -25F to 90+F.  Hope my luck holds out.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, PROV said:

I might as well pile wood on the fire. Had a 2004 Rancher ES for 10 years and 6000 miles. No problems. Have a 2015 Rubicon FA7 with 3300 miles.....no problems. Maybe I'm just really lucky but I sure don't baby it. Run in temps from -25F to 90+F.  Hope my luck holds out.

All hail ES!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

just to get gas, in the not so distant future, will suit me just fine. electric, wont be so much fun. without hearing the motor rpm's, i wont know when to shift, less the smart chip does it for me. i already seen how those things work, and how much it cost to maintain such a system. atv's will be priced so high, most wont be able to afford them.

• Like 1

I'm getting my FACTS from the government, who always tells me the truth, and I never question what they say.

you just had to turn the screws didnt ya... (wink wink) lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would claim B.S on this topic , but think in a certain situations it could happen with a low powered .22 

image.png

that's funny because some people don't have any trouble from es mechanics .... sure they might require a tad more work... but that falls in the same category ford, verses dodge verses, chevy... etc etc... and what about those handycap riders who would not be able to enjoy owning and riding a honda atv.. without the es option ? 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

There are 10-1 sales because they are so much more popular.  There are manual shift people that want to sell, but nobody's is buying!  Chances are they will be dumped into the river soon.

can't wait to see you come on here..asking for help to fix yer es then ?..that will be the day i run up and down my street,wearing nothing but my birthday suit !.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's funny because some people don't have any trouble from es mechanics .... sure they might require a tad more work... but that falls in the same category ford, verses dodge verses, chevy... etc etc... and what about those handycap riders who would not be able to enjoy owning and riding a honda atv.. without the es option ? 

first..look back through the months, threads here..and see how many threads were made from es owners ?, then locate the threads asking for help on manual shifts ?..then come back here..and tell me how many !..lol. second, the easy fix for handycap ridders is simple, put a stick shift on the foot shifter..seen it many times.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I would claim B.S on this topic , but think in a certain situations it could happen with a low powered .22 

image.png

the B.S. is so deep on this thread ?, we'll need to back hoe to dig our way out !.

Had 3 ES Honda's now...in a row... no probs.... prove me wrong! 🥴😷🤧

some of you still don't understand what this thread is about ..... but that's okay... lol... just think about how things have been lately ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did you know there is something worst than a ES out there , a Hondamatic , but it is a very close race , almost too close to call