Wheeler

Executioner vs Bear Claw Height.

Here is a true comparison for inquiring minds. Both tires are 26” (mine 10” his 12”) & both 12” rims & again, both aired to exactly 5psi….

BB761DE3-C2F3-4762-B2A1-40D4352F6F10.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

i like the bear claw tread pattern, but I've always had itp mudlites .... and i really try and avoid tire talk... lol, but good informative post. the Executioner is more aggressive then what i would need, I'd rather the tire slip, and give some then have all the strain on the drive line etc etc. 

• Like 1

Those Executioners are very similar to my Zillas. In my hunting and riding country  sometime during your day they make all the difference.

• Like 1

I have executioners on a Foreman. They pull ok but tend to dig rather than paddle. At the rate they’re wearing they’ll outlast me.

The thing I really don’t like about them is the weight; they’re heavy as ! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I have executioners on a Foreman. They pull ok but tend to dig rather than paddle. At the rate they’re wearing they’ll outlast me.

Good to know. Zillas are lighter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

well, weight might be an advantage to riding on soft snow and ice, plus i reckon weight would indicate a thicker hide ? but i tend to go with a softer tire compound, and not so much weight. tread pattern and length of the cleats.... is what i look at, but there's a deference here wheeler has a hot 300, so power to to turn these heavy tires doesn't seem to be an issue, and shade .... well... we know what he favors, lol! so... i guess I'll pay for my opinion, I'm not knocking brand tires, but an an aggressive tread for a bike dedicated for certain types of soil conditions do play apart. at least it's tire weight, instead of adding ballast to bike which would be harder on the suspension drive train etc etc .... 

• Like 1

Yes, the Executioners aren’t light, but built for purpose. I ran Zillas up till last year & they did me great.. however I wanted the durability of the hard tires.. & am personally happy. Each to their own & where they ride for the terrain they are in…

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PROV said:

Those Executioners are very similar to my Zillas. In my hunting and riding country  sometime during your day they make all the difference.

I have a set of the original  Mudzillas and they had been great tires , pull well , clear out the threads , last a long time ( very little street riding ) and  look good and have never had a flat on them --- only draw back is they are a bit rough riding at slow speed

fullsizeoutput_15e.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Yes, the Executioners aren’t light, but built for purpose. I ran Zillas up till last year & they did me great.. however I wanted the durability of the hard tires.. & am personally happy. Each to their own & where they ride for the terrain they are in…

bout as well put as could be.... but i would like to try a set of bear claws, for the 97, but the mudlite rules here... that's what everyone uses, why they took over the market i could say, but this thread and the other tire threads are very informative, i don't do deep water mud riding, and had no trouble from the mudlite at, wheeler whats the weight defence between the bear claw 

, and mudlite ? a slightly tougher hide would be an added feature, because i do ride on pavement, and that's a cleat killer, farmers spend so much money on tires because it's easier driving a short distance on the road the loading everything up, on a trailer. 

• Like 1

The Executioners were the first new set of mud tires I bought (had a used set of 589's prior).

They seem to be pretty much an indestructible tire.  No wear, no flats. 

The weight isn't so much a power thing as a wear on bearings/ball joints/tie rods and heavy steering. 

I do have a 15% GR I'm putting on that 500 soon so will be interesting to see if the weight still bothers me after I put that in there.

I really like the Mudbugs as they're lighter and tend to paddle a little better in the slop, but I'm keeping the Executioners on my "work" Foreman.

• Like 1

@_Wilson_™ the 26x10x12 which I have are 26lbs each. The 26x9x12 front Zillas were 19lbs & 26x11x12 tears were 23lbs. However.. do I notice any difference going slight heavier? NOPE.. Not at all..

• Thanks 1

thank you, wheeler! ...... i might swop brands one of these days .... but the mud lite at still have about 90% of the tread left. and the carlisle 489 tires on the 97 still have 50% left on them, but i would like a tougher hide for pavement riding, plus a longer deeper cleat would aid in better steering along with the 424 disconnect ... not that I'm complaining about how it steers now. lol!