jeepwm69

09 420FA cutting out at throttle

Still trying to get the wife's 420 sorted out.  This one had a full rebuild in 2013ish, but she hasn't ridden it much since the baby arrived in 2019.

I've noticed lately that when in ESP if I throttle it up it will cut out periodically.  It doesn't do it as badly if I hammer down on it, but if I ease into the throttle it does what's showing in the video.

If I'm in auto mode, it shifts out either at WOT or under light throttle without cutting out.

Petcock has great flow.  Fuel filter was recently replaced.  I'm stumped no this one

Is your bank angle sensor still "active"? That's an easy thing to delete and rule out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

Is your bank angle sensor still "active"? That's an easy thing to delete and rule out.

Yep, it's still hooked up.  Can I just unplug it or do I have to unplug it and run a jumper in the terminals on the plug coming off of the harness?

Hi: If you unplug the Bank sensor -- just put a jumper from the positive of the Battery to the Bl/R wire on the Ign. coil.

The fuel filter could be the problem 

Ign. timing 

Throttle position sensor 

Did you have the TP sensor unplugged if so you may have to reset it.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2021 at 2:10 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Yep, it's still hooked up.  Can I just unplug it or do I have to unplug it and run a jumper in the terminals on the plug coming off of the harness?

I use a jumper on the wire harness side with the 2 outer terminals.

IMG_20150527_175925980.jpg

• Like 2

Been raining here (finally) so haven't messed with it yet.  Will update when I get a chance to try it out.

Thanks for the responses!