Fishfiles

Music

I am into music , I'm all over the board with what I might like , 80's , alternative , rock , dance , country hip hop are my favorites but 60, 70 , 90 , new wave and Christian Rock  will do , opera doesn't do much for me , LOL 

always looking for something new , post up a favorite song or two you like , best way is to bring it up on you-tube and copy and paste the link 

I was surfing this morning and found this oldy that wasn't on my mp3 player , but is now and I will be jamming  to it , wide open while maneuvering past mud holes tomorrow -----  wouldn't say it is my favorite by any means , they remind me of Pink Floyd 

• Like 3

I didn't mention to keep it clean music , some of todays music is good , but the auto correct vulgar word catcher might have a hard time putting exclamation points ( ! ) or beeps in place of them bad words ,  Pet Shoppe Boys from the 80s , this song got me thru some bad times in my life , thanks Dusty Springfield !!! 

Notice the rocking chair with the guitar , this song was recorded right after the passing of Roy Orboson who was a member of the band , a collaboration of some of the best of the 80's super stars 

• Like 1

Great thread @Fishfiles! I lost the album (Anthology) back in the late 70s while living on the road out west. I never heard this song play again until I went looking for it several years later. For some odd reason this is one of the songs that I missed the most from my old vinyls collection.

Retro , they had some long songs back in the day ----- " The Time has Come "  is a good one , going to convert that one to MP3 ------ I never seen a pic of Dylan looking so young 

• Like 2

I was 6 years old when this song came out and my Mom played it over and over , I think it was in Dirty Dancing ------ Mom was also   Patty Cline fan 

about 10:00 tomorrow this song will be playing on the patio , it has been a long week 

• Like 1

My musical taste ranges from Slipknot to Alan Jackson.....lol I don't like rap much, especially the new stuff, I could at least handle the older stuff but I don't know how what they are making now is considered music of any kind.

• Like 5

Same exact music taste as mac. Except i can get into some things even heavier than slipknot. Zero rap. But i can also listen to country new age and old. Doesnt really matter. In my younger days i would spend time in mosh pits with friends. Until people started to die in them or get seriously hurt. Had a freind get knocked unconsious in a wall of death. Had to drag him out me and another friend. No time or money for that kind of stupidity anymore though lol.

• Like 2

I listen to what they play on Octane,  Turbo, Ozzys Boneyard, Lithium, and ch 26 what ever that is, oldies....

• Like 2

Dats my pop (handlebars mustache) in the Cabin Song image playing Mandolin. Thats probably over 30 years old... maybe 35 years ago. The guy on the Doghouse Bass owned that Cabin... on his Salt River Acres Bluegrass festival grounds. The young fellah on Banjo in that pic (fiddlewood) can play anything with strings and is a great fiddle player nowadays. He's super talented, always has been... the flat top player was one of the funniest fellahs I ever met. He played Dobro as well as guitar. Those guys could really jam the bluegrass.... make rock stars look slow and silly.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

In my younger days i would spend time in mosh pits with friends. Until people started to die in them or get seriously hurt. Had a freind get knocked unconsious in a wall of death. Had to drag him out me and another friend. No time or money for that kind of stupidity anymore though lol.

Slammed , I have to ask , what is a mosh pit  and a wall of death ?  ----------------    Never know I might have been there and done that 

41 minutes ago, TBRider said:

I listen to what they play on Octane,  Turbo, Ozzys Boneyard, Lithium, and ch 26 what ever that is, oldies....

Sounds like Sirius Xm channels , I have Sirius and have been on Lithium and Ozzy''s Boneyard 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac102004 said:

My musical taste ranges from Slipknot to Alan Jackson.....lol I don't like rap much, especially the new stuff, I could at least handle the older stuff but I don't know how what they are making now is considered music of any kind.

We can agree on Allan Jackson , never hear any Slipknot yet , going to look them up 

32 minutes ago, retro said:

Dats my pop (handlebars mustache) in the Cabin Song image playing Mandolin. Thats probably over 30 years old... maybe 35 years ago. The guy on the Doghouse Bass owned that Cabin... on his Salt River Acres Bluegrass festival grounds. The young fellah on Banjo in that pic (fiddlewood) can play anything with strings and is a great fiddle player nowadays. He's super talented, always has been... the flat top player was one of the funniest fellahs I ever met. He played Dobro as well as guitar. Those guys could really jam the bluegrass.... make rock stars look slow and silly.

Your Pop , no kidding , did you ever play