Fishfiles

Music

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Retro , Nazzerth was one of my favorites back in my rock and roll days , another from that era was Uriah Heep 

Uriah Heep Live is a great album.......especially the opening song  "Sunrise"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Misterclean said:

Uriah Heep Live is a great album.......especially the opening song  "Sunrise"

The 70s and 80s had the best rock bands , Reo Speed Wagon ,  Blue Oyster Cult , Styx , Journey , Deep Purple , Black Sabbath , Led Zepplin  and so many more 

• Like 2

Aerosmith , Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers , Electric Light Orchestra , Information Society , Joe Walsh , The Eagles , Pat Benetar, Heart , Blondie , Duran Duran , Bon Jovi , ZZ Top , Lynard Skyard , Loverboy , Yes ,  Queen , just a few off the top my head ,  the 70s and  80s hits are endless , it twas the best decade of music  

• Like 2

I can't argue against that! Most of my music collection is 70s stuff.

I'm thinking about building a mini computer for my bike next summer with a 2 terrabyte SSD drive in it and Jukebox software running on Linux (with a small LCD touch screen mounted on the bars) to hold all of my albums collection. I'm thinking 4 satelite enclosures (Dolby surround) with a center channel and one subwoofer. Gonna design & homebuild everything from scratch, including an auxiliary power supply for the class D amps. If I can find enough time that is... :-)

• Like 4

well I worked in a music industry of sorts, my company produced and made music , cannot tell you how many bands I sen in person  walk thru the company's door's were in our studio's and just walking about, had countless chances to meet in person  major bands and artist's

seen a LOT of bands fly in  to the private helicopter pad and then walk about us while we worked, or would have private meetings with them and get silly things like autographs and albums  or T shirts or crap like that!

some days it was a royal pain, as they would cause crowds in long lines, making just getting to to your JOB a problem!

and let me tell you there are so many groups most never heard of that made albums  

here is one many never heard but might find ?? LOL

sorry on the language, but most adults here I gather 

, or 

• Like 1

I listen mostly to new country these days, but many moons ago, I was into rock, classic rock, not much for head banging music. one song hits me hard today, '' God's Country ''..love it !!.

• Like 2

MrBB , I like it , never heard it before , Hottie of the Blow Fish   goes country -----  you made this thread worth it for me !!!! I got a new one for the trails >>>>>>>>>>>  ...  <*(>>>>< 

Shade , I like it , I never heard that one before today , Blake is alright !!!! 

• Like 1

MrBB , you really threw me for a loop with Rehab , I like it , but never in a million years pictured you listen to that !!!!!  you go guy !!!! 

My Dad's sister , my only true first aunt , was married to a record producers' son , so I had a bit of the music industry in my younger days , meet some interesting people , been back stage many times ..... 

I like rehab. Actually its a very well known artist where im from. Not sure why lol. Its the closest thing to rap i can stand haha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

I like rehab. Actually its a very well known artist where im from. Not sure why lol. Its the closest thing to rap i can stand haha.

It goes to show you , I never heard of Rehab before today , I heard of SlipKnot but never really listen to them , one of the venders at the flea market today had a Five finger Death Punch hat on and I recognized it , freaked him out 

Im not a huge fan of slipknot. But ffdp i can get into for sure! The three im listening to most rightnow are (a day to remember) (i prevail) (ffdp). Not gunna link any videos. They arent safe for young ears. But look up rehab-sittin at a bar. And rehab-red water. Both really good songs! I cant honestly remember being at a bar that didnt play sittin at a bar at some point. Im sure thats one everyone knows but didnt know its them lol

• Like 1

rehab-sitting at a bar. I like it , never heard it before , not any dirty words , I would think sharing it would be OK , Danny or a look alike is the bar tender

7 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

You listened to the clean version then. LoL

It said original video !!! I need to go back and check for the dirt version , might like it more !!! 

I'm mostly a seventies music guy. Graduated high school in 1977. I've asked many younger people about the best are for rock ( those that really know) and they agree with me that 70s rock was best. I had a group of guys in their early twenties hanging out here about eight years ago and we were listening to my music and one of asked if this was on the radio back. I said yes, this was normal for me back then. I think it was Diee Straights........Sultan of Swing that got him to say that. Anyway. My favorites from then that haven t been mentioned yet are Dire Straights, Steely Dan.....Aja is by far their best album, Emerson Lake and Palmer ,Trilogy album. Best of Seals and Crofts,Jimmy Buffet,  Santana,  Supernatural album. And for Christian rock you must, must listen to Hyperstatic Union, Lifegiver album. These guys rock! Probably 20 year old music though.

• Like 3

As I got older I came to appreciate the Eagles, though I had ignored them growing up.

• Like 1