jeepwm69

5W20 oil deal alert

NOT ATV OIL.

But, Castrol Edge 5W20 is on clearance at Walmart now and is $15ish for a 5 quart jug, and there's a $10 rebate on it.  Max of two rebates per household, so order two jugs, pick them up in store (or have them shipped) and you get some full synthetic for a little over a $1 per quart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Castrol-Edge-5W-20-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-Quarts/669841993?findingMethod=wpa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Price in store is still 25 bucks a jug, so you have to order it on the website to get the closeout price

change the new vehicle to that brand ;) problem solved.... unless it's under warranty, or your like me about swopping oils ... once i settle with a certain brand of  oil, that's what i stick with, unless, it becomes impossible to find. 

I think the new Tundra calls for 0w-20 and Toyo recommends Mobil 1 so thats what I'll use.....If the truck ever gets built.😬

• Like 1

I've been a Castol fan since 1974.  At the Honda Tech I class we did a very basic test of then popular motor oils.  Of course Hondaline won hands down.  That particular test, anyway.  Later on one of the instructors and I had a sideline discussion on motor oils and he let me in on the Hondaline was Castrol.  Since then I believe there's little difference in what well know brand you use as long as it meets the proper spec and is changed at the proper intervals. 

• Like 3

I'm a oil hoarder.  Probably have 50-60 gallons on hand at the moment.  When Walmart closes out oil it gets marked way down and when I see it I load up.

Wife's Lexus and the two kids' cars call for 0W20 or 5W20, and I pretty much interchange those two weights with what I have on hand.  They get Mobil normally, but occasionally I'll drop something else in one of the kids' cars (for example, the full syn Valvoline I got for $5 for a 5 quart jug).

Mobil and Castrol are my preferred.  Mobil has rebates now too (got mine day before yesterday as a matter of fact), so you buy a 5 quart jug at walmarks for $22 and there's a $15 rebate on it, limit of two per household..

Got a bunch of Euro spec 0W40 Castrol Edge for $7/ 5 quart jug a while back.  Lots of Delo 10W30 ($7, for Jeeps and truck), Rotella 2.5 gal jugs of T6 for $15.

I'm obsessive about changing oil regularly, and as long as I'm changing it often, I don't get too hung up on what kind I'm using.

Before I bought the 124 Spider I did my homework.  Almost.  This is the only oil recommended.  That prancing pony jacks the price up too.

Screenshot_20210819-182449_Samsung Internet.jpg