jeepwm69

Holy inflated part prices Batman. (Rincon rear knuckle)

My buddy with the Rincon dropped it off....again.

Rear bearings are shot.  Pulled up a new knuckle just out of curiousity.  !!  Over $500 for each side.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/52200-HN8-000?ref=5ad4a1be6e67841680ee33896abc9d4e88aa6d33

Needless to say I just ordered some new bearings and installed them, being very careful not to break the aluminum knuckle that holds them.  I'm guessing they probably won't take a new bearing more than once before the knuckle gets wallowed out and has to be replaced.

Luckily my Machined Integrations bearing greaser for the rear of the wife's 420FA also worked for his Rincon new rear bearings, so I was able to fill them with good red Mobil syn grease after getting them pressed into the knuckles this morning.

• Confused 1

I priced a frame for a guy on a 2014 Rubicon. They use to be around $900 and now they are around $5,000. Bumpers and racks are just as bad on the older machines.

20 minutes ago, toodeep said:

I priced a frame for a guy on a 2014 Rubicon. They use to be around $900 and now they are around $5,000. Bumpers and racks are just as bad on the older machines.

But the Rincon is a current production machine! 

I've been trying to hoard extra parts for my 500's knowing that prices on new parts will go up over time.

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

$5K for a frame.  That's just nuts.

I've noticed they've jumped a bit on PSN too.  Apparently they finally had someone start checking new price parts and adjusting theirs accordingly, as their used part prices are now mirroring new ones as they increase.