Ok Folks!!!! I just put new bearings and seals on the front knuckles. These little guys came with the bearing and seal kits and for the life of me I can not figure out where they go. I’ve looked at the diagram In my manual over and over and I don’t see them anywhere. I don’t even remember seeing anything like them when I took everything apart. Is this something for a different year model that this kit could work with or do these actually go on my bike? Anyone out there know!?!

image.jpg

I normally just toss them, but they're supposed to go up in the hub right in the middle

hub.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, jeepwm69 said:

I normally just toss them, but they're supposed to go up in the hub right in the middle

hub.jpg

I was typing a responce and you beat me , guess I am getting slow in my old days 

• Haha 1

I always wondered if they went on the end of the spline so when you put it in you dont damage it 😅

I just got done with that job myself. I had to slow down and look at them for a while before I figured it out. BTW, what bearings did you go with? Sealed or open? I used sealed bearings and repacked them with waterproof synthetic green grease, and then I packed the spindles like they were regular bearings.

2 hours ago, TJA said:

I just got done with that job myself. I had to slow down and look at them for a while before I figured it out. BTW, what bearings did you go with? Sealed or open? I used sealed bearings and repacked them with waterproof synthetic green grease, and then I packed the spindles like they were regular bearings.

I used sealed too but I used that red tacky grease. 

I figured that the extra grease outside the seals would help protect them from water or mud intrusion. From reading here, that seems to be the problem. 

• Like 1