TJA

SuperATV brake kit.

I'm looking at replacing the front brakes on my 99 Foreman 450. The factory drums had brand new pads on them when I bought it. I adjusted them tight and they are still vague and unresponsive. I personally hate drum brakes anyways. The Super Atv kit seems affordable. Has anyone else had better luck with them lately? Thanks.

Read my response to your question in the other thread about brakes.

They work well, but another option is to use disc brakes off of a newer model Honda.  05-11 Foreman, 05-14 Rubicon, and 06-current Rincon disc brakes will bolt on at the balljoints. 

Will be much more expensive if you buy new parts (vs the SuperATV kit) but if you find used parts, price should be about the same and in the future you can buy OEM bits one part at a time to keep the brakes working.  Getting replacement parts for the conversion kits will likely be harder and harder as time goes by.

• Like 1

That makes sense. The only problem is not too many vintage machines for sale in my area, (rural Pa, very rural). And if you find a "parts" atv they still want $1000 for it. For $240 the kit seems affordable. I read a bunch of threads on it, poor customer service is the chief complaint. I was just wondering if they improved. I still have engine work to do, I'm just looking at future improvements as these drum brakes are so lacking. Thanks for the reply.

If you do go with Super ATV don't forget to call your  order in by phone and tell them your a member of this forum , to get 10% off the purchase price ----  they have been great for me ,  Erik is a member of this site ,  @SuperATV

• Like 1

I've put them on various machines over the years. I've never had an issue with them.

11 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

If you do go with Super ATV don't forget to call your  order in by phone and tell them your a member of this forum , to get 10% off the purchase price ----  they have been great for me ,  Erik is a member of this site ,  @SuperATV

Thanks Brother!

11 hours ago, toodeep said:

I've put them on various machines over the years. I've never had an issue with them.

I did some digging on them and they seem to offer replacement pads which is good. Thanks

12 hours ago, TJA said:

I did some digging on them and they seem to offer replacement pads which is good. Thanks

Arctic cat brake pads are the ones used on them so replacements are easy to find in various versions. 

19 hours ago, toodeep said:

Arctic cat brake pads are the ones used on them so replacements are easy to find in various versions. 

That's good to know. Thanks.

Have about 60 miles on mine and they work good....will throw you forward on the bike.