F250 guy

Battery tender plus, or NOCO g1100 or the new Genius 2D?

I own the battery tender brand. It puts out 750 mlli amps ( .75 amps) . It is very durable. I've had it for five years now, in fact I now have it hooked up to five batteries total  ! See my thread in the general chat posted a few weeks ago. It discusses how I did it.

• Thanks 1

well I'll add this, just due to I am still not happy LOL

I USED to use Schumacher tenders' and well, battery chargers

till like 2 yrs ago, I went and bought  some new tenders, BRAND NEW one's

hooked one up to a skid steer I had and the tender went nuts and over charged my system, ruined battery and a whole bunch of electrical parts on machine, costing me a LOT of money to repair

things fail I get it, BUT< when I contacted  Schumacher, they were nice and understanding and CLAIMED they would stand by there product and help with repair costs due to tender was under warranty and  all, they started a claim for me, and then, STOPPED responding to calls and emails and just plain refused to ever get back to em after they opened the claim and SAID they would help

been 2 yrs now and not a single reply to any reach outs from me,  and even if I use a different email address or phone number, once they know its me, they  stop talking!

SO< this being said, I will never use any of there products again! there customer service was filled with nothing but liar's! apparently and they DON"T stand behind there products at all IMO or experience!

I am now using Battery tender plus maintainers and so far all seem to be doing what they were made to do problem free!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, mrbb said:

hooked one up to a skid steer I had and the tender went nuts and over charged my system, ruined battery and a whole bunch of electrical parts on machine, costing me a LOT of money to repair

things fail I get it, BUT< when I contacted  Schumacher, they were nice and understanding and CLAIMED they would stand by there product and help with repair costs due to tender was under warranty and  all, they started a claim for me, and then, STOPPED responding to calls and emails and just plain refused to ever get back to em after they opened the claim and SAID they would help

been 2 yrs now and not a single reply to any reach outs from me,  and even if I use a different email address or phone number, once they know its me, they  stop talking!

SO< this being said, I will never use any of there products again! there customer service was filled with nothing but liar's! apparently and they DON"T stand behind there products at all IMO or experience!

I am now using Battery tender plus maintainers and so far all seem to be doing what they were made to do problem free!

Yea I had a SEM1562A and hated it. I'll go for battery tender plus. 

4 hours ago, mrbb said:

I had a Schumacher at first too. It didn't last but a few months.......less than a year I'm sure. I asked for suggestions on the old forum about five years ago. We had a great discussion there too. A member sent me a Battery Tender Plus as a gift!!! Great guy in my opinion. Some of you may remember him........he always defended the electric shift Honda. LOL

• Like 2

I've got a NOCO 3500 & love it. I wired up one connector to the battery on my Honda so I can plug in & top up while she sits idle in the garage over the winter... Its a good charger/maintainer!

My quad is always plugged into a battery tender jr. Simple. Works flawlessly. I just this year put a new battery in my quad come to find out i didnt need to......starter was bad. I removed a battery that was from 07 and i keep it maintained as a back up. Still holds charge well. I will leave it sit for a month or so then plug it into the same battery tender jr. It charges for about 15 minutes and then its at full charge. Dont know if thats a testimate to battery tender or to yuasa. But either way when this battery tender dies i will be getting another no question. And the new battery is a yuasa. And for good reason lol

• Like 1

I have a Battery Tender 1.5 amp and a Shumacher 2.0 amp, they've ben functioning very well for about 4yrs. The NOCO Gen-1 I keep connected to a marine deep cycle, very happy with this brand.

I've had a couple battery tenders they work good. Not sure who really makes them, no doubt they are owned by someone else. Everything I've owned made by Schumacher has been trash though.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, Misterclean said:

I had a Schumacher at first too. It didn't last but a few months.......less than a year I'm sure. I asked for suggestions on the old forum about five years ago. We had a great discussion there too. A member sent me a Battery Tender Plus as a gift!!! Great guy in my opinion. Some of you may remember him........he always defended the electric shift Honda. LOL

The vein starting to pop out of my forehead remembers him. 

• Like 1