JR_TRX

300 TRX Not Going In Gear

Hello. 

Me again… Replaced timing chain. So I got everything back together after installing the new timing chain. Had the bike turned on it’s side with the clutches facing up. The Kickstarter never came out and it stayed in place(wound up), lined up shifter on the secondary clutch(dot, arrow, the triangle bearing piece) put the reverse lever back on to what I though was correct. Hopefully my vocabulary is correct in describing everything.

The Bike won’t move with throttle when in gear. Kickstarter doesnt have the resistance it did and won’t start the bike. She starts and purrs great with electric just won’t move. Feel like I’m gonna have to go back in the crankcase. 

Pretty sure I did something incorrectly.

Anyone have experience with this? 

• Like 2

If I had to guess the clutch backing plate jammed when tightening the 4 bolts with springs and the clutches are just floating loose in the clutch basket. All you need to do is loosen those 4 bolts to release it and tighten them making sure the clutch plates are tight in the basket when done.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, toodeep said:

If I had to guess the clutch backing plate jammed when tightening the 4 bolts with springs and the clutches are just floating loose in the clutch basket. All you need to do is loosen those 4 bolts to release it and tighten them making sure the clutch plates are tight in the basket when done.

I do remember being worried that I tightened those too tight and backed off and remember the disks moving. From what your saying, the disks should be snug? 

Yes, on the change clutch the pack should be tight. It uses that triangle ball thing to take the pressure off the clutch (disengage them) when you shift. If they are loose it's like your pulling in a clutch lever disengaging them all the time.

Another note while your in there. The kick starter works off of the one way clutch (bearing) on the centrifugal clutch. I didn't read through all the other thread so if you had that apart and that bearing removed you might have put it in backwards. That would give the centrifugal direct drive (eliminating it) and you would have to use the shifter as a clutch lever once the other clutch is working. I'm going off of the kick starter isn't working but did before the repairs.

Just a few things to check so hopefully your only in there one more time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I misaligned and pinched the clutch plate before and it took me 5 times pulling the cover on and off before I figured it out  \

The # 4 disc that is closest to #6 is misaligned with # 6 and # 2 and is pinched , when you get the cover off and look in at #1 cage , you'll see all the #3s are not tight together 

image.png

• Thanks 1

Ok. Thanks again for the direction guys.

The disks are snug. I did realize after fish’s and toodeep’s breakdown that the clutch basket was not coming forward like it should pinching the misaligned disks. The Kickstarter is loaded with the washer on the back. The reverse lever is loaded. The orientation is lined-dot-arrow. The centrifugal one way bearing is faced outside. Clutch washers are faced outside. I noticed my clutch adjustment was not lined with the guide on inside of case. Pics attached. I’m waiting on the gasket. The bike will be like this with the case on (not bolted) till gasket gets here.

Am I missing anything? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by JR_TRX
Further explanation