Fishfiles

94 TRX300A 2WD

Fab'ed up my buddies 250 rear end mount , only pic I took 1/2 way thru , not   one pic of the finished product ------  he is going to weld it up and paint it up --- I never did hear back for Don Q so I just made the bracket from the center section of the 300 stock rear end , which I think is much better a set up and free 

5CkMGehnTmaTio40ihzniQ.jpg

• Like 2

My buddy come over this evening , he had finished welding  up the mounting bracket and he got the rear end back into the bike  and bolted up , he just has to do some lower shock bushing work as it is too wide to fit in the mount of the ATC 250ES rear end , then deal with the brake cable connections ---- glad I didn't offer to recover the seat , he told me there was a cover on top a cover , you couldn't see it till it was pulled off , so double staples he had to pull , says he is going to build a box for his sound system , storage and light bar , also has  a bumper guard , cow pusher thing , that he had on his Yamaha 400 that he wants to install , he is working on the floor boards as they needed a little modification to them as they are really 450 boards ---- 27 Swamplites on it 

Eu04zXwLTN+6h72j+2BkfA.jpg

• Like 2

Wow , that looks like Mad Max - Road of Fury ---- about 1/4 of that , Wilson ---- that is the most insane atv bumper I ever seen , bet it's sinker 

• Like 1

Yeah, probably Heavy as h--l i bet.... And Sure enough cattle proof, ....but  I've seen some bulls do some serious damage..... No way i chance tangling with one on an atv.....that's just begging to get hurt! 

• Like 1

The 86-87 TRX250A rear end is 28" from hub face to hub face , this 85 ATC250ES is 30"s wide  -----

but he still needs a 1 inch wheel spacer , or change the Yamaha rims to a different offset  or change tires , as the tire  hits the muffler by 1/4 inch 

that pic above , the rear tire is just sitting there , the rear end wasn't in yet for the pic and  that tire goes on the other side 

Got the rear end modification finished for my buddy , had to cut the bottom bushing and shock 1/4 off each side so the 300 shock would fit down into the ATC250 shock mount ------ let him use a one inch wheel spacer off the wife's bike so he could take it for a ride as the muffler was hitting the tire without it  ---- coached him along with the seat re-cover , then finished that for him -------  he got his floor boards on ------ he still has some things to do  , but , it runs great , don't smoke , he got a good deal I think , he has $900 into it ---- no more pics at the moment , but it is a lot farther along than this pic 

MB8K0c8oSLe8bARNVPG4NA.jpg

• Like 2

My buddy's 300 finished up and two rides under the belt , ATC250 big Red rear end , snorkeled , Boss sounds , 27 Swamp Lites , floorboards ----runs great , no brakes at the moment ---- he needs a side kick starter cover 

89KOsfcPS5alShypg8UBpA.jpg

nZtACsHUQRm6td2Q8el85A.jpg

• Like 1

It looks good! Is he gonna put fender flares on it?

he wants some flares , but I doubt he would buy new , the 96 style you can still get , $66 for the back and 60 for the front each , that's over $250 for flares 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

why Yamaha rims on it ?. looks good though !.

Good eye ------  they are Yamaha rims , he had a Big Bear 400 4wd before this one , so the tires and rims are off of it ------- he had to get a 1 inch spacer as the muffler just barely hit the tire 

20 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

he wants some flares , but I doubt he would buy new , the 96 style you can still get , $66 for the back and 60 for the front each , that's over $250 for flares 

Those 2wd flares and undrilled fenders aren't exactly common.  He might look for a set of plastics with flares already on them, and then sell what he has. 

The 95- 2x4 didn't come with the fender flares. When they switched them from the smooth to the rough ones in 96 they started putting them on the 2x4.

I know you can take the later model flares and they line up with the fenders on the 1st gens   just about perfect ,  then drill your own holes ----I have done it  both  ways , old flares on newer fenders and newer flares on older fenders ----some line up several holes and you only have to drill a couple of each flare