Stonethrower

2002 TRX450FE ES No spark

47 minutes ago, Stonethrower said:

not changing email lol. just added the site to safe senders. let me know if it gives you more problems

how did you do that ? I'd like to go back to  my hotmail account. 

2 hours ago, Stonethrower said:

@AKATV

I just need to know the protocol for tracing the problem without a meter.

Without a speedometer or without a multimeter? 

I have the manuals and a multi-meter but the speedometer is damaged and i unhooked it

I see the troubleshooting but the manual has you jump sections so much its a pain and i get confused lol

Edited by Stonethrower

So I used a jumper and grounded the LightGreen/Red wire that goes to the starting solenoid and the thing fired right up! The electric shift won't work unless i disconnect the ground jumper but when i do it works fine. The problem now is it will not shift into neutral whether manually or with the shift buttons. It shifts through all other gears fine using both methods but not into neutral. I have tested it while stationary, driving around, and just rocking it back and forth. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to start a new post in ENGINE - DRIVETRAIN?

Does it shift from 1st gear down into reverse?

it sounds to me like it might be shifting through all gears mechanically but just not 

displaying neutral on the meter 

Meter is unplugged. I will try to shift it into reverse. When I say it won't go into neutral I know this because I tap the throttle and it jumps forward.