hankrutherfordhill

What is in your trail tool kit?

14 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

TWICE this has happened in the last week.  And that's with no rain for almost two months....... Raw talent to get stuck in the middle of a drought.

lol! reminds of the mud pond ... misshap i had, yes it was a dry season, i JUST had to test that new to me 86trx350.... she passed with flying colors (mechanical wise) i on the other hand failed badly at judgement ..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You can't over think that tool / safety kit ----  Things that tie , strap and secure are good items to bring along on a ride as  already mentioned tie straps and  tie wire, lets not forget ratchet straps , rope , electrical and masking tape , when you need stitches in that finger , electrical tape can work , and   when that bone is sticking threw the skin , masking tape will come in handy , and rope makes a good tourniquet ,  LOL 

• Like 1

matches or a lighter, and Charcoal fluid, handy talkies and a lady friend, it doesn't have to be completely be about riding the honda (wink wink) and spare fuel / go go juice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

matches or a lighter, 

I forgot about that lol.. & a mosquito coil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh lord...those old green "pic" coils...my old 1964 Galaxy 500 had that permanent smell. We'd spend most every weekend either at the drive-in movies, or at the beach and always had one of those burning on the dashboard.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

oh lord...those old green "pic" coils...my old 1964 Galaxy 500 had that permanent smell. We'd spend most every weekend either at the drive-in movies, or at the beach and always had one of those burning on the dashboard.

We did a lot of drive in movies too ,  you ever use  to hide people in the truck to get in free  , amazing I am not poisoned from the  Mosquito Pics 

actually,one of my first jobs was as the "back gate guard" at our drive-in theater. 

my uncle was the manger, I wasn't quite old enough to drive, but he'd hire me $1.25/hour and all the popcorn I could eat. I'd have my bike and  a blanket on the ground...the exit had to be left open so when guys would try and sneak in the back  gate I'd wave them down..if they blew me off, then I'd id the car, come into the concession and we had a off duty cop that also worked there. He'd follow me out to the car and eject the violators.

and yeah, frequently I'd see a car come in the front, park and then the driver would come open the trunk and the others would pile out.

Eventaully we just started charging a per car fee. So folks that still tried to sneak in the trunk felt extra stupid for not having to have hidden to begin with.

it was a small town back then...drive- in and one pizza joint was about all we had.

when I got my first car.. i about lived in that thing. worked double shifts at the tomato packing house in season, slept in the car, then beach runs for sunset, or all night parties..again..napped in the car. Often me and my girl friend would fall asleep at the drivein and wake up as all the car lights were leaving the movie..scramble to get her home...etc.

but no air conditioning back then..so the windows had to be down and those pics kept us from getting eaten alive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We could bicycle to the drive in here, 5-10mins down the road back then. 
I still have a package or 2 of these from the 70s/80s lol 

1iuiu.jpg

• Like 3

we had one many many years ago called the sundown i only went a few times with my folks.... maybe five times at the most, then the Polk theater opened up... and the ol drive in went belly up, but it had been there for many years, and not kept in good condition, sad to see it gone, now the closest we have is in Marshall county the highway 50 drive in, I've been there a number of times... and yes it's a flat pay... and they did away with the old window mount speaker, and transmitted the audio on 87.5 mhz i believe....  

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

yeah, the one surviving drive-in around here I've not been to in 20 years. when the kids were young we'd go a lot.  back then they were doing the radio but also stll had the old metal speakers boxes. 

It was always a love/hate..cause the window boxes had horrible sound, but when you had a field full of them , it kinda put the audio "in the air"  and that was a cool sound.

we also had the small playgound down under the screen where the kids could run and play  until the movie started....simple magic times.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bighanded said:

yeah, the one surviving drive-in around here I've not been to in 20 years. when the kids were young we'd go a lot.  back then they were doing the radio but also stll had the old metal speakers boxes. 

It was always a love/hate..cause the window boxes had horrible sound, but when you had a field full of them , it kinda put the audio "in the air"  and that was a cool sound.

we also had the small playgound down under the screen where the kids could run and play  until the movie started....simple magic times.

with all the options now, ordering movies on tv etc etc ....  even shadybrook cinema is shortly going down, but i recall those old clunky speeker boxes many of them had been torn off, and even some of the mounting post had been knocked loose, why they let that ol sundown go down hill so fast, I'll never know, those days were indeed magic times.... it was why the jumbo house (right down the road) also became so popular, one of the few times i went to drive in we stopped at the JH and i had my first burger....now i go there to eat as often as i can. they have the best burgers in columbia

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1