goosey18

Honda 350 fourtrax

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Shadetree’s disk brake project was done on an 89 TRX350D. He posted on your other thread that he didn’t know if the brake kit was adaptable to your 86 TRX350A.

the 86 hubs are smaller diameter and one year only. The backing plates and wheel cylinders are also different, as are the brake lines.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goober said:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Shadetree’s disk brake project was done on an 89 TRX350D. He posted on your other thread that he didn’t know if the brake kit was adaptable to your 86 TRX350A.

the 86 hubs are smaller diameter and one year only. The backing plates and wheel cylinders are also different, as are the brake lines.

Ok, thanks…I’ve not been able to get around to checking but appreciate the info for sure…

47 minutes ago, Goober said:

I would think the main thing would be the knuckle.  If they're the same discs are a no brainer, even if you had to source later hubs.

• Like 1

forget the front drum brakes, they are not worth it !. go high lifter or super atv front disk brake kit ( super atv is cheaper cost wise ). knuckles are the same bolt pattern, does not matter about the drums being smaller in size, its the bolt pattern you worry about. i have a front fender made for a '89 trx350D foreman i'll sell ya, but it wont be cheap !., it will bolt right on yours if you convert the sub lights to clear, because i don't think ( by memory ) that the front fender uses the same grill pattern ?. most oem parts for these are no longer around, what little parts are still sold today ?, are very...very few !. the biggest issue you face is motor/drive line parts, as these are deff not around new !. a lot of important bearings are discontinued today, so its used ?, or after market if you can locate them ?. as for the front disk brakes ?, you will need to use 12 inch rims that are made for at least a '03 trx450fm foreman, direct bolt on, no lift required. may as well slap some itp mudlites on them as you go. toss in a new cam chain from D.I.D. do not use after market china cam chains !. piston kits are getting very hard to find, not many around today. i would toss the metal fuel tank, and go with a plastic fuel tank, no rust..ever !. and trust me, when you rebuild the carb with a shindy carb rebuild kit ?, you will never have to worry about rust in the carb again !. here is my '89 trx350D foreman that i installed front disk brakes, 12 inch rims and itp mudlite tires. i did have to do some fab work on the foot wells ?, but not much.

IMG_1580.JPG

6 hours ago, goosey18 said:

Thanks for the info once again…how much for the front fender?

$ 400.00 cash, you pick up, i will not ship, been there, done that with plastic fenders in the past, worst time of my life. now you are thinking, gee..thats a lot of money for a trx350 fender !, um..nope..its not..not when i've seen them in worst shape than mine sell on ebay for $ 1,500.00 bucks !. these fenders are very, VERY RARE !, SPEC IN GOOD SHAPE THESE DAYS !. if you do come and buy it ?, you really should locate a front grill and clear sub-lights, cuz i'm pretty sure this fender of mine will not swap in your amber fog lights, grill is not the same !.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:16 PM, Fishfiles said:

SuperATV has the kit , they might not know it though , you need to ask for a trx300FW kit when ordering  , as they don't make a kit marked 86-89 TRX350 A or D , also ask for the 10% discount for being a member of this site --- Highlifter makes a kit also ,  but  their kit cost a lot more and they lie and tell you it is USA made  

umm..i used a trx450fm disk brake kit when i put it on my '89 trx350D , are the kits the same for both 300 and 450fm ?. ( maybe i did order a trx300fw kit ) , i'm forgetting more than i remember these days !..lol.

SuperATV's front disc kit # DBK-H-001 fits 300 , 350 , 450 , 500 and 650 and they went up  just a little in price they are $239 now days , they will give a member of this site 10% off , makes it  $215 

54 minutes ago, shadetree said:

$ 400.00 cash, you pick up, i will not ship, been there, done that with plastic fenders in the past, worst time of my life. now you are thinking, gee..thats a lot of money for a trx350 fender !, um..nope..its not..not when i've seen them in worst shape than mine sell on ebay for $ 1,500.00 bucks !. these fenders are very, VERY RARE !, SPEC IN GOOD SHAPE THESE DAYS !. if you do come and buy it ?, you really should locate a front grill and clear sub-lights, cuz i'm pretty sure this fender of mine will not swap in your amber fog lights, grill is not the same !.

Where is it you live?

8 minutes ago, goosey18 said:

Where is it you live?

north little rock,ar. 

Yea, that’s like 6 or 7hrs. There are a couple of places/ppl I can check that has or deals with older Hondas, hopefully something will pop up. I’m also looking for a 87 or later front bumper.

20 hours ago, goosey18 said:

Parts for these things are definately like hens teeth trying to find… 

ask yourself...JUST HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO FIX IT UP ????. is a 6 or 7 hour drive worth it in the long run ?. my bud has a few of these old girls at his place, he lives close to me, if i were you ( and i know i am not ! ) i would hit yer bank up , load up, head my way, buy my fender, or ?, take a ride out to his place, and see what you can buy from him at a cheaper price ?, he has lots of parts for these, DO NOT PASS THIS UP !. as you will find out, OR ALREADY HAVE ?..parts for these are very, VERY hard to locate ??, and if you do locate them ?, THEY WILL NOT BE CHEAP !!!!. i'm cutting you one heck of a deal for the fender i have, spec in the shape it is !!. you will not find one in this shape, AT THIS PRICE ANYWHERE !!. but hey..its yer time, yer money. i've been dealing with these models for the most part for 29..almost 30 yrs now, I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE !. do as you wish, but if you want solid gold advice ?, you better jump on this offer. what ever you do ?.. GOOD LUCK...YOU WILL NEED IT !..LOL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

ask yourself...JUST HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO FIX IT UP ????. is a 6 or 7 hour drive worth it in the long run ?. my bud has a few of these old girls at his place, he lives close to me, if i were you ( and i know i am not ! ) i would hit yer bank up , load up, head my way, buy my fender, or ?, take a ride out to his place, and see what you can buy from him at a cheaper price ?, he has lots of parts for these, DO NOT PASS THIS UP !. as you will find out, OR ALREADY HAVE ?..parts for these are very, VERY hard to locate ??, and if you do locate them ?, THEY WILL NOT BE CHEAP !!!!. i'm cutting you one heck of a deal for the fender i have, spec in the shape it is !!. you will not find one in this shape, AT THIS PRICE ANYWHERE !!. but hey..its yer time, yer money. i've been dealing with these models for the most part for 29..almost 30 yrs now, I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE !. do as you wish, but if you want solid gold advice ?, you better jump on this offer. what ever you do ?.. GOOD LUCK...YOU WILL NEED IT !..LOL.

I can buy new for 400 tho…

2 minutes ago, goosey18 said:

I can buy new for 400 tho…

400 for front, 400 for rear…it is pricey but it’s new

I'm guessing that's a Maier fender, and yes, you can get them new, but they are different than OEM. 

If you're looking for "nice" then a Maier will work fine.  If you're looking for "correct" than the Maier isn't going to cut it.  Their fenders are different, and won't match your OEM stuff, so you have to buy the whole set of Maier fenders if you want it to look right.

I really thought about ordering some tan/ harvest beige Maier fenders for a 350D when they were doing a run and you could order any color in any fender.  I think a tan 350 Foreman would be awesome looking.

But then again, that's a lot of coin to spend on 4 wheeler plastics that are just going to get scratched up, and the 350 is way down the list of projects to complete.

You can buy these old 350's cheap all over the place, but you'll rarely find a cheap one with a good rear end or good fenders.  They're old and fenders tend to be trashed, and people rob the rear ends for 300's.

Side covers, good fenders, cylinder heads, good gas tanks, and rear ends for these are all $$$$.   The rest of them you practically can't give away.

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

I'm guessing that's a Maier fender, and yes, you can get them new, but they are different than OEM. 

If you're looking for "nice" then a Maier will work fine.  If you're looking for "correct" than the Maier isn't going to cut it.  Their fenders are different, and won't match your OEM stuff, so you have to buy the whole set of Maier fenders if you want it to look right.

I really thought about ordering some tan/ harvest beige Maier fenders for a 350D when they were doing a run and you could order any color in any fender.  I think a tan 350 Foreman would be awesome looking.

But then again, that's a lot of coin to spend on 4 wheeler plastics that are just going to get scratched up, and the 350 is way down the list of projects to complete.

You can buy these old 350's cheap all over the place, but you'll rarely find a cheap one with a good rear end or good fenders.  They're old and fenders tend to be trashed, and people rob the rear ends for 300's.

Side covers, good fenders, cylinder heads, good gas tanks, and rear ends for these are all $$$$.   The rest of them you practically can't give away.

Yes, I agree. OEM parts are hard to get in good shape(not broke, bent or faded) so I just figured a complete matching set of maier fenders would last longer(maybe) than 30 something y/o OEM fenders espeacially when the OEM fenders are gonna cost you that much or more…don’t get me wrong, there’s no replacing looks and durability of factory parts but when they are so obsolete there’s not much choice left..

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

And yes, tan colored would look awesome I believe…different

7 hours ago, goosey18 said:

400 for front, 400 for rear…it is pricey but it’s new

no you wont, if you are talking about maier fenders ?, they are not oem !, but go ahead, buy them...lol.

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

trying to tell him, maier fenders are NOT oem fit..lol. ya can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make him drink it !.

and for the record ?, the rear maier fender DOES NOT HAVE A PLACE TO PUT THE BATTERY !..LOL.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

trying to tell him, maier fenders are NOT oem fit..lol. ya can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make him drink it !.

So the maier fenders don’t/won’t fit? 

9 minutes ago, goosey18 said:

So the maier fenders don’t/won’t fit? 

Nothing fits like factory, everybody knows or should anyways…I’m not restoring, I’m just trying to get functional, reliable and decent looking. I’ve got a set of “used” fenders and they’re faded and brittle and would just like better looking fenders. Mechanically it’s sound, just need some front brake work and touch up some wiring..I’m not trying to argue or say it’s better one way or another I just know paying new price for NOS ain’t my thing

Just now, goosey18 said:

Nothing fits like factory, everybody knows or should anyways…I’m not restoring, I’m just trying to get functional, reliable and decent looking. I’ve got a set of “used” fenders and they’re faded and brittle and would just like better looking fenders. Mechanically it’s sound, just need some front brake work and touch up some wiring..I’m not trying to argue or say it’s better one way or another I just know paying new price for NOS ain’t my thing

My last resort is having the fenders welded up just to see how it looks n holds up…