goosey18

Honda 350 fourtrax

3 hours ago, goosey18 said:

My last resort is having the fenders welded up just to see how it looks n holds up…

Shadetree has welded some up that looked great, but was quite a bit of work and required painting.

They turned out well though

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Shadetree has welded some up that looked great, but was quite a bit of work and required painting.

They turned out well though

Yea, I’ve seen some work done and looked pretty good..it is a lil pricey but what ain’t now days. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, goosey18 said:

Nothing fits like factory, everybody knows or should anyways…I’m not restoring, I’m just trying to get functional, reliable and decent looking. I’ve got a set of “used” fenders and they’re faded and brittle and would just like better looking fenders. Mechanically it’s sound, just need some front brake work and touch up some wiring..I’m not trying to argue or say it’s better one way or another I just know paying new price for NOS ain’t my thing

you can't pay oem price..period !..why ?, THEY ARE DISCONTINUED ..THATS WHY !. when parts become discontinued ?, sellers will jack the oem price to triple if they want ?, and there is nothing you can do about it..other than pass , or pay up ?. i've seen side covers sell on ebay for 500 bucks..EACH !. they know what they have..its called supply and demand, they supply it, then demand their asking price, back to my very first question, JUST HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT FIXED ???..LOL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goosey18 said:

Yea, I’ve seen some work done and looked pretty good..it is a lil pricey but what ain’t now days. 

the difference between me...and others ?, they slap it together, call it good..no matter how it looks ?, myself ?, i'm all about details..if it looks great ?, then i'll get my asking price once i go to sell it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shadetree said:

you can't pay oem price..period !..why ?, THEY ARE DISCONTINUED ..THATS WHY !. when parts become discontinued ?, sellers will jack the oem price to triple if they want ?, and there is nothing you can do about it..other than pass , or pay up ?. i've seen side covers sell on ebay for 500 bucks..EACH !. they know what they have..its called supply and demand, they supply it, then demand their asking price, back to my very first question, JUST HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT FIXED ???..LOL.

Yea, that’s how it works and I’m just not looking for a complete restore, just need functional practical use. This thing is a tank and works great for what I need. I’ve carried/pulled up too 800lbs thru the woods with no hesitation or worries…it’s a dam near perfect machine, just wanna look better. Ppl do give the price for things they need and that’s completely understandable but not me

On 10/6/2021 at 9:08 PM, goosey18 said:

Yea, that’s how it works and I’m just not looking for a complete restore, just need functional practical use. This thing is a tank and works great for what I need. I’ve carried/pulled up too 800lbs thru the woods with no hesitation or worries…it’s a dam near perfect machine, just wanna look better. Ppl do give the price for things they need and that’s completely understandable but not me

if you go oem ?, you wont have a choice !. either you fix it right ?, or you do it half way, and still pay a good penny for junk that wont fit.

I bought my fenders off fleabay from rpm_atv out of provo utah. As I recall it was probably 10 years ago $449 shipped. He still gets them in.

the maier front fenders have the mudguards molded in. The only non-functioning element is lack of engine head vents. I could see buying of these.

the rear fender has a non-working tool box lid. Can an OEM toolbox lid be fitted to it?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

PSN just posted a set of 86 350 fenders.  Not cheap, but shipping is included.  They're having a 20% off sale this weekend LOL

https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-fourtrax-foreman-350-d-86-fender-set-31559.html

20% off and no shipping , if you need them , guess that isn't too bad 

I notice those fenders ^^^ are listed as a 1986 350 " D "  , I thought 1986 was " 350 A " and 87 there were A and D  , do they interchange , any differences 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

20% off and no shipping , if you need them , guess that isn't too bad 

I notice those fenders ^^^ are listed as a 1986 350 " D "  , I thought 1986 was " 350 A " and 87 there were A and D  , do they interchange , any differences 

86 and some 87 ( not many ) are just called fourtrax, from 88 to 89 they were called fourtrax foremans. 86 and 87 had orange sub lights, 88-89 had clear sub-ligts. you can fit all year fenders on all models, BUT !!. its the sub-lights that change on the front fenders, 86 will only except the orange sub-lights without moding it to except clear sub-lights, they changed the front design on the front fenders through the years to except clear sub-lights. rear fenders will also fit on all year models. the main two things on the early versions is the sub lights, and also the 86 did not come from the factory with racks and front bumper. the fenders on 86 has the spot for the bracket holes marked out on the underside for racks. as for that letter A you and me always see when ordering parts ?, i have no idea why honda does this ?, but it has nothing to do with usa models sold here.

• Like 2

also, the D ( from what i was told yrs ago ) stands for deluxe models, which is why the foremans have the fuel gauge on the right front fender inside knees. 88-89 are all called foremans.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, shadetree said:

. as for that letter A you and me always see when ordering parts ?, i have no idea why honda does this ?, but it has nothing to do with usa models sold here.

I thought the A and D was for , A for A/C and D for D/C machines , cause didn't the first gen 350s have a A/C set up 

37 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I thought the A and D was for , A for A/C and D for D/C machines , cause didn't the first gen 350s have a A/C set up 

I though the D was for digital, as in digital gas guage.  LOL

The newer machines all have an A behind them in the schematics, unless they're camo, then they have 2A.

Maybe @toodeep can give us the super secret Honda info......

all i've been told is the 1986 models MUST have a battery to fire plug, then the rest will fire from the stator, this is what i was taught.

The A model is the base Fourtrax. 86 & 87. The stripes are stock markings for the 86 model. 

87 also introduced the Foreman D model. The fenders are the same but the carriers, bumpers, wider mud guards, cowl and cover for the headlight cord, and sublight assembly are the most obvious bodywork differences. So unique you wouldn’t be easily interchanging any one of these parts with a Fourtrax. Maybe the cowl would be a simple swap

like military aircraft the first production is the A model, like C-5A. for F-15, the A model wAs a single seat, B model was dual seat. I can sort of understand how Honda got D for Dee Lucks lol

Edited by Goober
  • Haha 1

I am going to stick to my beliefs, the A is for the AC / CDI and the D is for the DC / CDI ---------   

• Haha 1

I am going to stick to my beliefs, the A is for the AC / CDI and the D is for the DC / CDI ---------   

That works too!

To me they was always just the TRX350 and TRX350D. That's what Honda gave them for a model identification so that is what I used and I don't remember anything about if the "D" actually meant anything special. . They "A" being used on the Fourtrax I have never used or seen until a few years ago on the web.

20211027_213037.jpg

20211027_212928.jpg

• Like 1

I searched the TRX350A and D thing , I know I read that AC/DC thing  before some where , take it for what it's worth 

Deeperinthabush

Deeperinthabush

Premium Member
Joined Feb 4, 2011
11,311 Posts
 yes the a refers to ac,and the d refers to dc current,the d units were the end run of the 86s,and simply used up the remaining cdis,and wiring harnesses,and such until a certain serial number when they switched over to the ac versions..
  • Like 1

all i know is, is the letter D was when they started calling them foremans. all the trx350 were still fourtrax in the early years from 1986, later in the years, when they started calling them foremans ?, they put the letter D on the end of them. the ac/dc factor only applies to the first year, which was 1986, because that is when they had to have a battery to fire the spark plug, then in the later years, they changed something in them to fire from the stator instead of relying on the battery. this is what i was told many yrs ago. the tech specs are in the back of the honda service manuals , look there :-).

• Like 2

On September 20, 2021 at 9:21 PM, goosey18 said:

Just joined and looking for someone who does restorations on 4 wheelers…preferably the 86’ Honda fourtrax. Any help would be greatly appreciated

welcome from another tennessean.