quadjunkie454

2016 FA foreman ES issues

On 9/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Correct, you’ll have to pull the front cover. 

It’s easiest if you remove the foot wells and get as much room in front of the engine as possible (by removing things) and then stand it up on the rear rack. They will stand up on the rear rack and rear wheels sticking straight up in the air.  Unhook wires on the valve body and be careful not to break the plugs off of the valve body as they are pricey. If I recall correctly you’ll have to unhook the radiator lines as well. Clamp them shut and tuck them up out of the way.

Then you can remove the front cover and you should be able to see what you’re looking for. 

ok after a few cuss words and trying I got the front cover part ways off, enough to see the return pin appears to be there not broken! Frick back to the drawing board, put it back together test the shift position  switch, maby a motor, maby get a real 500 FA manual 

image.jpg

I'd try to shift it while you have the cover off (using the tool) and see if you see anything odd when doing so. 

amazing with the tool now with the atv ! up i get a Neural Reverse 5 fowards . I never removed the VB but ill have to re seal the case and some o rings possibly, well frick. I have a manual now that sorta helps but i need to further test my switches and sensors.  

I got the front cover off doing some inspecting I’m looking at the oil feed pipe and it looks worn cavitated. I don’t think it supposed to look like this. Loss of oil pressure? Somthing get into a fight with it?

image.jpg

That doesn't look right.  @Melatv any thoughts? 

Last time I was in a 420FA motor was 2015 or so, so I don't remember much other than I didn't like it!

• Like 1

That’s just a big 3 jaw ThTs all I need I thought it had to thread onto the snout special tool, I have a large 3 jaw I’ll try tonight! Jeep I appreciate the tips you have! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, quadjunkie454 said:

FINALLY got my gaskets and o rings to put it together. 

good lord, i envy you quad doing all this, i'm sure glad i stick with manual shift models !. i would have to check into the nutt house after dealing with auto/es models after seeing what you are going through !..lol.

• Like 1

Ok I put it all back together before I put it down on its wheels I tried using the manual shifter with the motor installed, I was only allowed to get one shift and it felt stuck and would not rachet back to grab another gear, I then unbolted the shifter motor and I heard the rachet return “ free up” without the shifter motor installed I can shift through all the gears with the manual shifter. The gears are all clean and lightly greased.
Somthing with the shifter motor is binding up with the shift change it’s like sticky or somthing.  you can feel the resistance with the motor on. The motor output gear seems to spin fine by finger 

Without the motor bolted on it makes firm sure shifts like it should and returns ready for another gear.. I’m getting a shifter motor tommaorow. Maby slop in the gears.. agh 

Edited by quadjunkie454

20 hours ago, shadetree said:

good lord, i envy you quad doing all this, i'm sure glad i stick with manual shift models !. i would have to check into the nutt house after dealing with auto/es models after seeing what you are going through !..lol.

Oh they are a toilet!!! no man in their right mind take a Es quad into the bush with them here it’s a unspoken rule lol you will walk home!!! You will have issues lol

the dude is crying for it and I’m trying  so hard for the guy. 
now that it’s together I can try testing sensors n stuff more seriously 

Edited by quadjunkie454
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, quadjunkie454 said:

Oh they are a toilet!!! no man in their right mind take a Es quad into the bush

Resume of an ES'er   =  Cripple , lazy or crazy :  LOL ---- just kidding , to each their own 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, quadjunkie454 said:

347$ for a shift motor holy cow! 

Power Sports Nation has one for 40 bucks

10 minutes ago, quadjunkie454 said:

I’m in Canada I’m not even going to try to order state side again. I wonder if their as good as Honda 

Stick to OEM, even if you have to buy used.

Powersportsnation isn't as cheap as they used to be, but they do sell OEM used parts, and they stand behind what they sell.

They've having a 20% sale this weekend if you buy two or more parts as well.  Might be worth checking out.

3 hours ago, quadjunkie454 said:

347$ for a shift motor holy cow! 

haha...and NOW you are getting the taste of what it takes to keep these atvs in tip top shape huh ?..rofl. THERE IS NOTHING...AND I MEAN NOTHING CHEAP ABOUT REPAIR AND REPLACE WHEN IT COMES TO PARTS, SPEC OEM PARTS !. i spent just about 5k on my 2003 trx450fm atv, start to finish, it put a huge dent in my wallet, but it was worth every dime !.

It’s a customers quad actually he’s crying for it. I will Never take a electrical job again.
It’s apparent the drag on the shift motor output gear is to much for the return spring in the transmission to return to grab another gear. Don’t know if that’s a huge deal. He did say it’s his 3rd shift motor 

anyway I’m working late on the quad to get it on it’s wheels and do some tests if I can from the manual, chime away 

1 hour ago, quadjunkie454 said:

It’s a customers quad actually he’s crying for it. I will Never take a electrical job again.
It’s apparent the drag on the shift motor output gear is to much for the return spring in the transmission to return to grab another gear. Don’t know if that’s a huge deal. He did say it’s his 3rd shift motor 

anyway I’m working late on the quad to get it on it’s wheels and do some tests if I can from the manual, chime away 

tell that guy to put a .99 cent for sale sign on it, then rush out and buy a manual shift model !..rofl.

No start now, did when I took it apart. turns over, great spark dry as a bone pulled it 3 times. Never drained the fuel  charged battery. I hear the fuel pump full tank of fuel. What did I do!

Unplug that fuel injection relay and plug it back in.  It's back by the battery. 

You might also check the bank angle sensor. 

In fact, if you want to bypass both of those a jumper wire from battery + to the red/black wire on the coil will do so (temporarily, of course, till you figure out where your issue is)

Enough with the sensors!! Haha frig 

I’ll do as you say with the relay

i must be able to reset the bank sensor? Jump it to try. maby I’ll youtube it or find out how 

Edited by quadjunkie454

13 hours ago, quadjunkie454 said:

Enough with the sensors!! Haha frig 

I’ll do as you say with the relay

i must be able to reset the bank sensor? Jump it to try. maby I’ll youtube it or find out how 

You can bypass it, or get a new one, or gut it altogether.

But first, run that jumper wire from battery + post to the red black wire on the coil, and see if it will start with the jumper wire in place.