quadjunkie454

2016 FA foreman ES issues

On 10/27/2021 at 12:31 AM, quadjunkie454 said:

No start now, did when I took it apart. turns over, great spark dry as a bone pulled it 3 times. Never drained the fuel  charged battery. I hear the fuel pump full tank of fuel. What did I do!

NOW, you know why i don't touch es models !..rofl.

1 hour ago, quadjunkie454 said:

Got oil I don’t know what as used in the past but I have Honda 10/30 in it,  Put in the new shift motor tonight

and what did it do ??.

Used the emergency shifter to put it in neutral by feel no N light, displays ~ no codes, started off for 5 secs upshifted display still ~ then I down shifted shut off the machine checked the oil 

now I put 5 litres of oil  in not a drop on the stick but the right hand side fill port is to the rim!! Wtf now it’s not draining into the sump 

Oil level good, turn key on — displays, starts without need of hand brake application. Wait 2 seconds N comes on. Button shifts up all 5 gears and automatically downshifts for you! 2wd 4wd works great! In auto and esp! It kinda shifts hard!!! but it shifts and displaying!

now when you turn off the quad in neutral and turn on again — is displayed,, start the machine and wait 2 seconds N is displayed
That’s a little weird but it shifts and displaying 

• Like 1

Parts 940$ labour 3 hours I’ll never take on another Es job ever. Thank you everyone who chimed in with hot tips and encouraging ways of doing things. 

Thank you everyone especially jeemwm69 for the hot tips and encouraging ways of doing things. 940$ parts 3 hours labour I’ll never take a Es job ever again haha 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Testing it a few more times you flip the key on the neutral light stays on and the displays N great! It i’m shifts and to first and back down to neutral I drove it around for about 45 minutes testing every option and button mode gear works alright. Hopefully it does for him 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, quadjunkie454 said:

Thank you everyone especially jeemwm69 for the hot tips and encouraging ways of doing things. 940$ parts 3 hours labour I’ll never take a Es job ever again haha 

i never touch es, they flat out suck !. i will how ever, work on close friends es bikes, they love my work, so i do them good on taking care of their machines.

• Like 1

I saw something about a shift motor and oil change.

heck now that he got it figured out, he orta be the best ES mech in the shire!

I don’t know if changing the oil feed pipe (page 2) helped. Or the shift motor most likely, I believe the friction in the motor was prevented the shift from making a complete shift. Changed the angle sensor but that didn’t help early in the game. 

im far from an expert but I wish I was. I’m always interested to learn about complex testing of electric components and that as a mechanic I am learning try get better with it. I just appreciate the input you experts have in your experience