TrxPipUK

1992 350D Starting problems

4 hours ago, shadetree said:

your welcome. in case ya get the plates mixed up ? ( not sure why ya did not take pics..BEFORE you tore them down ? ), the plates have the letters R and L stamped on the back side. once you see this, then the wheel cylinders will only mount to the plate in the right hole, reason: the mounting holes, breather vent line tube will only fit in the plate in the correct spot, as well as the bolt holes to the wheel cylinder.

Yeah thanks man... Was just unsure of the orientation in which the plate bolted onto the knuckle at . Thanks 

3 minutes ago, TrxPipUK said:

Yeah thanks man... Was just unsure of the orientation in which the plate bolted onto the knuckle at . Thanks 

pretty simple, L goes on the left front. then you look at the cross over tube which mounts across the top of the knuckle from front to back to the cylinders, once the wheel cylinders are bolted to the backing plate, the cross over tube threads only face one way, as well as the vent tube on one of the wheel cylinders, the backing plate has a hole for the vent tube, which means only one wheel cylinder will bolt up there. u-bracket always faces the front side of the knuckle. this is for your brake line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dang that was quick.  When I shipped stuff to SamUK it might take a week, might take a month!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrxPipUK said:

One way clutch bearing and plugs have reached the UK! 🙂

Screenshot_20200826-172936_Chrome.jpg

good deal !. i hope ya get them soon !..keep us updated.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Dang that was quick.  When I shipped stuff to SamUK it might take a week, might take a month!

but your box was big and heavy..the cardboard from the box weighed more than what was in it that i sent ?!..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh Happy Days !!! It's Arrived !!! Quarantine / Customs  now ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah been pretty quick! It's been 8 days since it left shade so pretty quick yeah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Oh Happy Days !!! It's Arrived !!! Quarantine / Customs  now ? 

I'm not sure, there doesn't seem to be a quarantine for packages. I've just recieved my shindy valves that also came from over the pond. Just had to pay some import tax for those, no quarantine 🤷‍♂️.

We shall see what happens with this one 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrxPipUK said:

I'm not sure, there doesn't seem to be a quarantine for packages. I've just recieved my shindy valves that also came from over the pond. Just had to pay some import tax for those, no quarantine 🤷‍♂️.

We shall see what happens with this one 🙂

Might do a personal quarantine.  It came from Little Rock , ark.  Heart Land USA.   I remember when I sent shade something he never opened it for a month.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Might do a personal quarantine.  It came from Little Rock , ark.  Heart Land USA.   I remember when I sent shade something he never opened it for a month.   

that's because at the time, this covid-19 crap was in full swing back then !..lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Maybe... but it should be fine I would think 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, shadetree said:

that's because at the time, this covid-19 crap was in full swing back then !..lol.

Still is in full swing , right ?? More than ever from what I hear on the news !!! It is some really bad stuff , you open that box Pip and you could spread it all over the UK , remember that movie Omega Man ,  you might be the last guy on Earth , have a 4 wheeler and no gas , that would be a bummer ---- LOL 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Still is in full swing , right ?? More than ever from what I hear on the news !!! It is some really bad stuff , you open that box Pip and you could spread it all over the UK , remember that movie Omega Man ,  you might be the last guy on Earth , have a 4 wheeler and no gas , that would be a bummer ---- LOL 

well..i did clean it b4 i boxed it up...lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shadetree said:

well..i did clean it b4 i boxed it up...lol.

Disinfectant , I hope  !!   Heavily applied ??   LOL 

• Like 1

Just now, Fishfiles said:

Disinfectant , I hope  !!   Heavily applied ??   LOL 

nah..just wd-40...lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, shadetree said:

nah..just wd-40...lol.

WD-40 is a good cleaner , although not much more  !!! I'd feel safe , if Corvid can live thru WD40 , I am a gone pecan .... LOL 

• Like 1

IT'S HERE!!! 

Arrived around mid day.. Looks like it's had quite a journey, all passengers (bearing and plugs lol) are in tact though:) . All perfect! 

Can't thank you enough @shadetree for sorting me out with the bearing and plugs for the brake drums. Amazing!

20200827_171225.jpg

20200827_175436.jpg

20200827_175535.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TrxPipUK said:

IT'S HERE!!! 

Arrived around mid day.. Looks like it's had quite a journey, all passengers (bearing and plugs lol) are in tact though:) . All perfect! 

Can't thank you enough @shadetree for sorting me out with the bearing and plugs for the brake drums. Amazing!

20200827_171225.jpg

20200827_175436.jpg

20200827_175535.jpg

haha..yep..looks like the box got hit by the covid-19 huh ?..rofl. you are very welcome bro..glad i could help a member out !. please let me/us know if you have any problems with the bearing ? :-).

• Like 3

Hi all.

Looking to replace my cv boots and replace the grease in them. I can't find a direct replacement but have found these for a 2006 Honda trx 350 FM. Does anyone know if they'll fit a 350D? Or have you guys used anything else?

Screenshot_20200830-133643_eBay.jpg

1 hour ago, TrxPipUK said:

Hi all.

Looking to replace my cv boots and replace the grease in them. I can't find a direct replacement but have found these for a 2006 Honda trx 350 FM. Does anyone know if they'll fit a 350D? Or have you guys used anything else?

Screenshot_20200830-133643_eBay.jpg

not the same, wont fit. just because it says 350 on the ad ?, does not make it fit !..lol.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shadetree said:

not the same, wont fit. just because it says 350 on the ad ?, does not make it fit !..lol.

Haha fair enough.. Looked the same in the picture lol..?

Any idea where I could get a replacement?

50 minutes ago, TrxPipUK said:

Haha fair enough.. Looked the same in the picture lol..?

Any idea where I could get a replacement?

no idea other than used from ebay ?.

• Like 1

92? Did they make a 350D in 92?

This part number is for an 88 350D but I would suspect it is the same part.
Search Google for this part number.

42203-HA7-771

Tons of new old-stock on eBay for around $20

Edit: If they are not broken and cracked you can treat it with Methyl Salicylate (Wintergreen Oil) to make it like new again.

May be smart to do with new old-stock parts as well if that's all you can find.

Edited by oh400ex
Add Suggestion
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

92? Did they make a 350D in 92?

This part number is for an 88 350D but I would suspect it is the same part.
Search Google for this part number.

42203-HA7-771

Tons of new old-stock on eBay for around $20

Edit: If they are not broken and cracked you can treat it with Methyl Salicylate (Wintergreen Oil) to make it like new again.

May be smart to do with new old-stock parts as well if that's all you can find.

they only made them up until 1989 in usa, canada and other countries have them up to 93 i think ?. but regardless, any model after 1989 is still a 1989 model in the eyes of honda. you also have to watch ebay sellers, they do not know all they claim to know !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1