TrxPipUK

1992 350D Starting problems

oh yeah totally agree, I'd rather have ground hornets then fireants, but i have admit .... hunting dillas is kind of fun. you need to get some talstar p that will take of those fireants real fast! 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:42 AM, TrxPipUK said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for being so in active, been kinda busy lately. 

Just read what @Howols has said there and thinking maybe a new choke valve plunger is what I need next. I think something must be up with the choke because it still doesn't shut off when the pilot screw is seated. 

If the pump is just constantly pumping then surely that would just mean the carb would overflow and not effect the the amount of fuel going to the engine at all. 

The next step I think will be getting the choke valve out, check that rubber seal at the bottom and get a few pictures for you guys to have a look at. 

Yes it all moves nicely fish. I'll get a pic or two when I get a minute. 

Thanks all

Hey Pip

Oh jeez let’s get back to the carb discussion, LOLs

i have been tuning a problem 87 TRX350A carb—same carb and engine as you. Random stumbling and fouling plugs. I think my problem is the oring at the base of the intake insulator. I have to nearly close off the pilot jet to get it to run; and then engine dies when i try to push on the carb intake tube.
Does yours do the same thing? Stumble when you jostle the carb?

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, Goober said:

Hey Pip

Oh jeez let’s get back to the carb discussion, LOLs

i have been tuning a problem 87 TRX350A carb—same carb and engine as you. Random stumbling and fouling plugs. I think my problem is the oring at the base of the intake insulator. I have to nearly close off the pilot jet to get it to run; and then engine dies when i try to push on the carb intake tube.
Does yours do the same thing? Stumble when you jostle the carb?

Hey Goober...

Thanks for that! That does sound very similar to my issue apart from my problem turned out to be the fuel pump in the end. I ended up replacing the pump and that solved all the problems. I think my original problem with it running rich was that the old pump never shut off when the carb was full, therefore fuel was being forced through the carb some how and resulting in it running rich. 

With that all fixed for the last month or so, I've had the old girl out for a few rides. Had her out in the snow at the start of February. 

There's a couple things left to do such as getting the front racks blasted and painted, need to get some lights for in the front there, and I think she needs some new front shocks as these ones are very saggy lol. 

Once again thankyou all so much for you're help. Literally couldn't have done it without you all. 

20210211_170727.jpg

20210211_170715.jpg

20210211_170659.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

😎

very good now on to the service table and the restoration. Congratulations pip!

• Thanks 1