Freedomflyer

Great Day Great Ride

Started my weekend with a nice celebration of an anniversary dinner with my bride of 33 years Friday evening. We decided to stay home and make dinner together, something somewhat easy but takes four hands to make it easier. Grilled 🍕.  It has gotten so bad around our area it's not very enjoyable to go out to dinner any more, restaurants are short staffed, those that are working are there in body only. They don't seem to be able to manage their area and have to be flagged down to get the bill so you can leave.  Not to mention all of the rude (work from home) out of staters packing all of our favorite places we go. So found it more rewarding and less stressful to stay home. Got up yesterday early and met friends and my brother at the gas station and headed to the mountains. Was a nice crisp morning requiring gloves, coats, (helmets for those that chose to wear them) and earmuffs.  Found a great little trail with a beautiful view  over Labor day weekend and wanted to share it. After stopping and admiring some beautiful smoke free views, we continued on and promptly ran across an old tree that had tipped into the trail against some other trees. I, like an idiot, made the conscious choice to leave my new 36 volt Makita chainsaw in the truck. Having been on the trail 2 weeks previously I wouldn't need it.🙄 it would have made short work of the issue and we would have been on our way. I  was able to snake my machine underneath the tree  and get turned around to try to winch it. We couldn't get any of the other machines through because of mounted trunks etc., also be cause we messed with the tree it settled down even lower leaving me on the opposite  side from the group. So after an hour of messing around,  we concluded  we needed try to build up the trail on the down hill side to go around the tree and in between another one along the edge of the trail. So we spent another 45 minutes hauling and stacking and building up rocks to keep from rolling over off the edge. In retrospect, I should've just jumped on my wife's machine and ran the 7 miles back to the truck and got my chainsaw, would've been faster and a lot less fatiguing. Chainsaw will be in the box from now on! With daylight shortening with the coming  Fall season,  it was a shame to use up some if the riding time of a beautiful day. Was just so great to get out and not have any smoke from all of the fires clouding the mountain views. The temperature was perfect and machines ran and performed flawlessly (even though they're not Hondas)😁. Had a great day with friends and my brother, got back to the trucks at around 7:00 so we were loaded and driving out before dark.

20210924_185800.jpg

20210924_185940.jpg

20210925_091721.jpg

20210925_094953.jpg

20210925_094043.jpg

20210925_095209.jpg

20210925_113416.jpg

20210925_113441.jpg

gckxukUp-139902026.jpeg

20210925_131428.jpg

20210925_134550.jpg

20210925_155029.jpg

20210925_173454.jpg

20210925_175935.jpg

Resized_20210925_183737.jpeg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 6

Stuff like that is what makes rides entertaining.  Getting stuck, clearing the road/trail, fixing a machine

Looks like yall had a great time.

2 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

We did Jeep was a beautiful day  just wish I'd had my chainsaw in the box🙄

What's the rules on cutting trees on that land you'll riding on ----------   you can get in a lot of trouble cutting trees around here in the wrong places 

If its on forest service property and lying across one of their trails, we are allowed to clear the trail of anything blocking it. In fact they really appreciate it when responsible riders take the initiative and do it. They would rather see us cut trees out of the way than build up a by-pass like we did. The forest service here also allows people to cut firewood out of the forest as long as it is dead. It can be laying down, leaning on other trees, or standing dead wood from fire or beetle kill. You can cut it if you can get to it and get it out without driving off road or off trail. Firewood cutters have to get a wood permit from the Forest Service but they don't charge for them just have to have it with you while you're cutting.

• Like 2

im gonna try to use the 3rd picture from the bottom as a screen saver. nice pictures.😀

• Like 1