Lakelanier76

My first honda 450es

I am a new member. I recently got a 1998 honda 450es.  Definitely has seen better days. But I just removed all plastics and racks to have them painted.  Currently at my friends shop to have it gone through.  Other than no brakes, the lcd screen is shot. It will be a work in progress but will post pictures when it's done. I will wash off the Georgia clay off the frame , sand, primer and paint where necessary. 

Ordered new brakes and wheel cylinders, seat upholstery,  master cylinder , brake line, and new front and rear fenders.  Currently have a 1985 chevy c10 in the paint shop. So I'm using the plastics as a paint sample. 

20210905_140558.jpg

20210905_140649.jpg

20210905_140630.jpg

20210919_190051.jpg

20210919_190032.jpg

20210919_190034.jpg

20210919_190041.jpg

20210919_190029.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, Lakelanier76 and welcome to the forum!

Lots of Foreman 450 owners here and plenty of good help to get you fixed up and answer any questions you might have

Dont forget to download the factory service manual for your machine, if you do not have it yet

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15eWwngQ5SdlsIfbgpm5ZJWJYBYx3vJ7s

I also sent you a message with my contact info, if you want to look at having your speedometer repaired as well

See you around!

• Like 1

Hey Lake, welcome to our forum.  I have the exact make, model as you, have had it a couple years now.  Mine was in pretty decent shape and even better now as I rebuilt the engine.  How is your engine/tranny?  We have seen these old girls in alot worse shape than yours from your pics.  There is a wealth of knowledge here especially on the older Foremans.  We also have a chat, mostly folks there in the evening, join in sometime to intro yourself.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, bcsman said:

Hey Lake, welcome to our forum.  I have the exact make, model as you, have had it a couple years now.  Mine was in pretty decent shape and even better now as I rebuilt the engine.  How is your engine/tranny?  We have seen these old girls in alot worse shape than yours from your pics.  There is a wealth of knowledge here especially on the older Foremans.  We also have a chat, mostly folks there in the evening, join in sometime to intro yourself.

Everything is great.. so far.