NB Floyd

Rear Bearings

I have a 450 ES 4x4.  

I want to check / service the bearings in the rear axle.     Can you all point out which bearings it takes for the rear axle , both sides.    

Thanks.  

46 minutes ago, NB Floyd said:

I have a 450 ES 4x4.  

I want to check / service the bearings in the rear axle.     Can you all point out which bearings it takes for the rear axle , both sides.    

Thanks.  

just go to rocky mountain atv, look up your model , year, make, click the fich, look at the rear axle pics, then see what all  bearings you will need to do a complete rebuild.

Is there one bearing on the left side ( in the axle tube) ,  and two on the brake side ?    Looks like the kit comes with three bearings.    Thank you.

3 hours ago, NB Floyd said:

Is there one bearing on the left side ( in the axle tube) ,  and two on the brake side ?    Looks like the kit comes with three bearings.    Thank you.

You might also look at the rear diff.  You'll have two carrier bearings in there as well.

Unless you have had a lot of water in the rear end, the diff bearings should be fine.  They stay lubed with gear oil.

5 hours ago, NB Floyd said:

what yr model is this ?, you never posted this info ^^^^^ .

4 hours ago, NB Floyd said:

It is a 2004

left rear tube, one bearing, one oil seal. right rear brake panel, one oil/dust seal, two bearings. like i said, you can look this up on rocky mountain atv web site, or partzilla.com