21 hours ago, shadetree said:

have not cleaned the front shocks, not painting the brake drums, nor tie rods. just using the shocks to hold up the a-arms to paint them.

Didn't realize you were just doing a "Partial Rebuild " ,  would have just been a "t" bit more work to do the whole an'calota ----  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Didn't realize you were just doing a "Partial Rebuild " ,  would have just been a "t" bit more work to do the whole an'calota ----  

i never do a partial rebuild...lol. i did buff the front of the front brake drums, just no need in wasting time trying to get between those fins, tie rods are great as they are, i did clean them with my bench grinder/wire wheel clean. 

update: did do a test fire the other night, motor cranked right up, ran great, cept i could not run it long ?, no header pipe or muffler was on it !..lol. bcs got the pleasure of hearing it run over the phone. i spent all day out at catfish's place staurday, helping him do some roof work on one of his shed/lean too's, then patched up a spot in his new shop with some sheet metal. while i was doing all of this , a guy he knows that runs a lawn mower shop brought a 2004 trx450fm atv in !. they traded stuff, catfish got the 2004 trx450fm, and that guy got 4 lawn mowers..lol. it had no tires, no front rack, no fuel tank, no air box lid, engine was broken down on top end, and seized !. what it did have ?!, WAS A MUFFLER, AIR BOX, FRONT SUB LIGHTS, GREAT REAR RACK !.!, yep, you guessed it, the last remaining parts i needed to finish this project !!. i was a happy camper. catfish said, '' take all the parts ya need,  just bring me back the stuff that you have ''..man..that made my day...AND !!!, he also let me have the very last remaining part i left on the old parts bike of his..THE MAIN HEADLIGHT !..LOL.

• Like 5

What color is this one gonna be? That mustard color is coming back yknow !!! 😂 

oh i see ya gotta boncha green front fenders 

Edited by Goober
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Goober said:

What color is this one gonna be? That mustard color is coming back yknow !!! 😂 

oh i see ya gotta boncha green front fenders 

yes, all brand new, oem green from honda.

update: been going at it sense 3 am this morning, got a lot done so far !. i might have it done before tomorrow morning if i stay with it all day and all night ?!..lol. here she is so far !.

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

• Like 4

final update: it's done !!. he'll be here tomorrow, pick up the trx300fw, and pick up this 2004 trx450fm !. then wants to know how soon i can get the '86 trx350 fourtrax going ?..haha..yeah..i'll get right on it sir !..lol. he did ask what i wanted for the '86 trx350 fourtrax, told him, i'll cut ya a deal @ $ 1,800.00 seeing how you have bought the other two, he was ok with that price. thing is, the plastics alone are worth 1800 all dang day !!.

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Man that's a purty 450.  Bet all those fenders and flares weren't cheap either!

nope, it was a good penny or two..lol.

just got done with a road test, starts great, runs great, stops great !. now where is he with my cash ?!...rofl.

• Like 1

New fenders sure give it that brand new look, no scratches or scrapes...

update; he did not bring enough cash, and he thought i would not get it finished as fast as i did ?..hmm...lol. he did put 500 down on this, say's will be back friday to pick it up ?. test road it, was one very happy camper !.

• Like 2

last update..i hope ? : too many days have gone by, no word from this guy after he put a 500 dollar deposit down, he was suppose to be here tuesday to pay and pick up ?, i waited all day to hear from him..nothing !. i finally sent him a text late last night, pretty much told him ( short version ) '' if ya do not come pick this 450 up..and pay the remaining balance by thursday, i will list it on cl's full price, get the 500 back to you ( when i fill like it ), and you can kiss it goodbye '', well, he called me lastnight, all sorry and crap..said he'd be here today--this afternoon some time ?, and pay me the 3500, and pick it up ?..hmm..we'll see how this pans out ?..lol. where has the day gone..when a man's word was his bond ???!. DO NOT TELL ME SOMETHING...AND TURN AROUND..AND NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ?!..THIS IS ONE OF MY WORST PEEVES !.

• Like 2

Hey that’s good news Shadetree!

Glad it all worked out

I’ve seen my share of flakos

and wasted many a weekend for people said they were coming and just never showed and never answered their phone or texts again

It’s a big pet peeve of mine too-if I say I’m coming you can bet I am on my way

Not to mention how many times I’ve been halfway through a 100 mile road trip after someone agreeing to sell me a wheeler and me telling him what time I’d be there,

-only to get a text saying

“I sold it”

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1