Freedomflyer

Spoiled both days this weekend

Had the privilege to get out both days this weekend,  weather was fantastic. Was able to take my oldest brother out to an area he hadn't been to yet, and was thankful that we got to spend that time together just the two of us. I did ask some others to go but they were unable to make it so it ended up making a special day for us. His health is not the greatest so will definitely treasure the time and memories of this outing.  Was also able to finally link up with my neighbor and some friends of theirs and take them on one of our favorite trails today. They seem to be gone most weekends over the summer so has been tough to connect over the past 4 years since they bought their Razors. They seem to stick pretty close and go riding and camping together most weekends.  With fall setting in and it dipping into the high 20's and low low 30's at night, our camping season is coming to a close. Still in the 50's - 70's during the day but pretty chilly at night. They had a free weekend so we were finally able to take advantage and get out. Today confirmed for me, once again, why we haven't moved to the sidexside realm yet.  We were going to ride on one trail, and even though they have 50" machines. The trailheads have huge rocks, posts, or  arched cattle guard type gated areas that are exactly 50" apart.  This keeps the larger sized SxS's, jeeps and other 4 wheel drive vehicles off the trails and from getting torn to shreds. My wife and I drove our ATV'S through and friends attempted to do the same.  Even though the posts were 50" apart and perfectly plumb, the ground was sloped side to side  causing the fenders and door area to lean too far to the side and would have scratched the entire side of the machine as he drove through. He couldn't even get the front fender flair through with out it getting scraped and gouged by the wire of the fence wrapped around the posts. So had to change plans and go different route. Still ended up being a terrific day and they had a great time riding in a new area. No SxS for us in the near future!!! Here's some pics from  both days. All blue skys and no rain for us, Sorry Jeep😕, okay, not real sorry 😁.

20211002_075925.jpg

20211002_080207.jpg

20211002_081553.jpg

20211002_082500.jpg

20211002_083220.jpg

20211002_083349.jpg

20211002_084708.jpg

20211002_115923.jpg

20211002_131829.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 3

Wow talk about some beautiful views! Those are some killer pictures! Weather up north stunk all weekend. Rained on and off saturday afternoon through today until just a few hours ago it finally stopped. Gunna be a wet start to the week by the looks of it aswell. Its a bucket list deal for me to one day go out west and ride some similar trails. Its just getting all the pieces togeather.

• Like 1

SXS's are useless !. as you seen, they are limited on space ?, no where near small enough to go where 4-wheelers go. and they cost about 3 times as much!, nope, i'll stick with old school. outstanding pics !!!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1