RMcNair

Meter

@Akatv I have a 2002 Rubicon that I just picked up and the meter front plastic cover was busted. Apparently nature got in and messed up the digital part of the meter. Can it be repaired and if so about what would you estimate it costing.

Welcome aboard.

Normally what happens to these meters is sun baking, which @AKATV can repair.  If you have water intrusion he may or may not be able to fix it.

I'll let him chime in on it.

Post a few pictures of what it looks like, water damages are pretty severe to these boards especially when they sit for awhile

If you can open the speedometer up and take a few pictures that would be helpful

Most water damaged boards are not cost effective to repair from my experience, but it just depends whats wrong

Ok I'll get some and post them when i get home. I kinda figured I have to buy one and they aren't cheap even used. A buddy has an 06 one that he was gonna give me but I was told it wouldn't work on my 02.

Yeah that was me on the old board.  If I see someone looking for meter repair I normally refer them here to AKATV

05-14 were different.  01-04 were more like the old 350 Rancher and 450 Foreman meters.

Here's the cheapest new one I found.  As you said, pricey.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254626957125?epid=1711844620&hash=item3b48f30745:g:1soAAOSwiWte6MC6

If AKATV can't help you out, keep an eye on Powersportsnation.  They are constantly getting in new machines they part out, and they stand behind what they sell.

If your buddy hasn't sold that 06 yet, see if he'll let you swap out your knuckles and front brakes for the ones on the 06.  The stuff will swap out at the ball joints and you'll have factory disc brakes on your older Rubicon.

28 minutes ago, RMcNair said:

The top glass is broken. 

053E3630-78FE-4705-A98F-D5CA18A291D4.jpeg

the outer plastic part he does not repair, only the LCD section is what he fixes.

I might have some parts to help you out

I will have to take a look around

-obviously your LCD needs to be repaired

I could repair it, but it wouldn’t have the black line on it like the original

you probably want to open up your speedometer and take a look at your circuit card and see if it’s corroded beyond belief first

If so, it’s probably best not to waste money on repair for the LCD if the board is toast

I might have a few parts that will help you out

I’ll send you my contact information as well

Edited by AKATV

Ok well looks like I wont be doing anything to the Rubicon for a bit. It won't move forward or in reverse. Not sure what's going on but i suspect it's the CV axles locked on the front. I heard them popping when I brought it home. It's just a guess right now but it will start to move in forward but barely and when I try to go in reverse it bogs down and just sits there. So I'm thinking I might just rob some parts off like the exhaust and some body mod parts and put them on my Foreman.