DLBeltran74

Ground wires

Ok, question! I am putting together my foreman 450. On the top backside of the engine, there are two large black wires. One goes to the negative post of the battery, where does the other one go? I was told it grounds to the frame but I can not find anywhere in the manual where it shows it attaches to. Can someone post a picture of where it goes. Also, does anyone have a colored picture of all the plastic connectors. I think I connected them all in the right places. The manual isn’t very clear on what goes where. It’s been a huge headache for me. There are a few of the same 2 and 3 prong connectors. I just hope I plugged them in the right place. When I took it apart, I didn’t think of marking them before hand. I bagged and tagged everything else but that stuff. No pictures that help me either. So if someone has a colored photo of that, that would be great. 

right side, where all the connectors attach to the frame, there is a bolt hole there for the ground wire, should also have a green harness wire attached to it as well.

Seems this same question or something very similar was brought up some where else recently -----  is this what your talking about ,  in this print , notice the ground wire is upgraded on later models , ( you would have either #10 and #11 or # 31 depending on the year  ) 

This is the wire I’m referring to. There is a place where it can bolt to next to these clips but the bolt head is broke off. I was not able to get the old piece of the bolt out. So I drilled a hole and may use a self tapping screw. Do you think will work. Also, if this ground wire is not connected, will it keep the four wheeler from doing any when I try to start it. I connected the battery and it has fresh oil and a new plug. So I tried to start it just to turn it over and it did nothing. The batter is brand new. I got it the day before I tried starting it.

image.jpg

15 minutes ago, DLBeltran74 said:

This is the wire I’m referring to. There is a place where it can bolt to next to these clips but the bolt head is broke off. I was not able to get the old piece of the bolt out. So I drilled a hole and may use a self tapping screw. Do you think will work. Also, if this ground wire is not connected, will it keep the four wheeler from doing any when I try to start it. I connected the battery and it has fresh oil and a new plug. So I tried to start it just to turn it over and it did nothing. The batter is brand new. I got it the day before I tried starting it.

image.jpg

yep, that goes to the right side frame, but u said the old bolt head is broken, so do whatever ya have to do to ground it to the frame, IT MUST BE GROUNDED TO THE FRAME !.

11 hours ago, shadetree said:

yep, that goes to the right side frame, but u said the old bolt head is broken, so do whatever ya have to do to ground it to the frame, IT MUST BE GROUNDED TO THE FRAME !.

i drilled a hole through the old bolt and cleaned around it and used a self tapping screw to fasten the ground wire to the frame. So now it turns over but doesn’t start. The solenoid is bad. I was able to test it with a find out that it is the reason it wasn’t starting after I connected the ground wire. 

8 hours ago, DLBeltran74 said:

i drilled a hole through the old bolt and cleaned around it and used a self tapping screw to fasten the ground wire to the frame. So now it turns over but doesn’t start. The solenoid is bad. I was able to test it with a find out that it is the reason it wasn’t starting after I connected the ground wire. 

brushes in starter worn out ?, or like ya said, bad starter solenoid ?.

Turns over and doesn't start.....

Try a shot of starter fluid and see if it fires.  If it doesn't. you probably don't have spark.  If it fires off, you have a fuel delivery problem.