Sign in to follow this  
LedFTed

body work; plastics

i was wondering, what ya use to to get the excess plastic off, when ya weld some plastic to fix a crack. and, is the plastic the same across all models?

i do not do plastic welding, so can't answer this. as far as each model with honda plastics ?, pretty much every plastic part is made from injection molding.

• Like 1

hey shade; i used my soldering iron, to patch a tab the broke off. now i want to get the access of without scoring the plastic around the weld. heard anybody talk about doing this?

i know i have, just cant remember, at the moment,  i'll ask goober..

[on the side] i using my Weller soldering gun for electronics, and the electric fence has insulators, that are the same colour as my bike. they melt and fill the cracks good.

they are also injection molded..

Edited by LedFTed

To my knowledge Honda still uses polyethylene for their main plastics. I use many things from air grinder, dremel, the soldering gun, razor blade or whatever that might do the job to smooth up the plastic and remove unwanted material. I've welded many different types of plastics over the years and just do a burn test to determine which type it is.

• Like 2