shrade

Forum Hunters?

Bonus points for atv in back round 1st pic..

That atv is worth every penny to a old guy with a 2 wheel drive truck

IMG_0173.JPG

069.JPG

064.JPG

• Like 2

Nice, that's quite the set up you got there, always wanted to try a cross bow, have more of our hunting areas going to weapons restricted due to out of state liberals moving into our area.  These folks coming in just don't know how to be good neighbors, something caused them to move here but they always feel they can make it better with their own spin on it. Ends up screwing it up for everyone in the long run. Nice little buck, those whitetails are hard to hunt, add in the crossbow factor even harder. Agree on the value of the ATV I have been fortunate to know private land owners over the last 15 years or so, my hunting really hasn't been hunting per say, even though it's not guaranteed success has been somewhat easier than beating the brush and National Forest down.  Have been able to drive to most of mine or drag them to where I can pick them up with the truck. Thanks for sharing. FF

I've been using a compound all my life. They legalized crossbows here in 2017 so I jumped in. First time out, first shot, didn't need to move or stand up. Them deer started dropping with every shot. I can stock the fridge at will now.

071.JPG

• Like 1

They're both nice freezer fillers, congrats on the first and good luck on the second.

• Thanks 1

Been hunting mountain lion and coyote.

Yotes came running into a FoxPro call; the three galloped in from over 300 yards. Probably a mom with older pups.

put up the pelt with an alum pickle and curatan. Next time I’ll skin better, deflesh right away, pickle and send off for a chrome tan. if i wasn’t looking for lion I would’ve gone with the .223. 

9C700D9A-9F77-4775-A83A-33DEABFDADB0.jpeg

• Like 2

Can't wait for deer season to start! Only put a few does in the freezer this past season. Saw many small bucks I let walk.

• Like 1

I found this set of horns at the flea market and picked them up for $10 , going to hang them up----

What type of deer do you'll think these came off of , I don't think it is local horns , the guy I got them from said they were in a storage room he bought at auction 

xXIqfV0sSh2jh%OzpCBACg.jpg

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I found this set of horns at the flea market and picked them up for $10 , going to hang them up----

What type of deer do you'll think these came off of , I don't think it is local horns , the guy I got them from said they were in a storage room he bought at auction 

xXIqfV0sSh2jh%OzpCBACg.jpg

Looks like Mule Deer to me.

• Like 2

Muley Deer ---

Them horns found a home , need a few more sets to fill it out ---them bleached out horns hanging up there , I found in the woods here close to a feeder , found the other one  a few weeks later and it was the match , it was about 1/8 miles from the first one , that was lucky 

65cc3L8MRYGHunmMOuNAqg.jpg

You guys have any personal recommendations on a gun safe that could hold a dozen long guns, 5 handguns plus ammo and valuables? Want the one hour 1200+ degree fire rating and manual dial. Don't want to break the bank though. Thanks

Fort Knox and Liberty safe both make safe’s in the size you are looking for.  You may have to shop around for prices. 

Thanks guys. Wound up with a 36 gun Kodiak by Rhino Metalworks. Checked within 100 miles and this one i liked. Gun rack swings out. Did end up with electronic lock.

IMG_20200522_201031170.jpg

IMG_20200522_112634_01.jpg

IMG_20200522_162347816.jpg

• Like 3

Hope those last few empty holes are enough to get you by.   LOL  :classic_love:

• Like 1

IMG_2652.jpg

So how does a 72 yr old one arm hunter put up a tree stand in the middle of a fresh planted corn field? That tree is almost dead center in the middle of the section.

Well, it takes 2 winches, 2 pulleys, 4 ropes, a portable battery, and of course a well equipped Honda.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 01RUBY500 said:

Very nice. Looks much bigger than what you were looking for. 

Yeah but found out they don't hold half of what they say especially with scopes on the rifle. Plus wanted some room for some ammo, accessories, bipods etc. It's actually only 40" wide and 59" tall.

PROV: If I may offer a suggestion, I store my long guns barrel down on some paper shop rags in the safe. It will prevent any oil from seeping into the but stock and eventually softening the wood when they are butt down. . 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shrade said:

PROV: If I may offer a suggestion, I store my long guns barrel down on some paper shop rags in the safe. It will prevent any oil from seeping into the but stock and eventually softening the wood when they are butt down. . 

That’s great advice that I’ve Never thought of before. Up until my gun room was made, I always stored them upright. Never dawned on me about the oil!