shrade

Forum Hunters?

Nice.  I picked up a couple of Bushnell Bone Collector Rangefinders on WM closeout.  Tried to flip them on facebook and they got flagged as "weapons".  Stupid facebook commies.

range.jpg

• Like 7

Wow @retroI had no idea your shooting range and target setup was THAT nice. Looks very well thought out and executed. Good luck in your upcoming season, line up 2 deer and that BD440 will have no problem going through both 😉

• Like 3

My buddy took his first Bear ever from one of our stands this evening! He got a young boar weighing 214 lbs with perfect shot placement through the heart & both lungs. The Bear did two somersaults and ran 30 feet before piling up... We're celebrating big tonight!

jesse-bear-2020-5.png

• Like 8

Wicked retro! This was my view last week while I was in bush. Seen 1 spiker & 1... no idea as it was a blur white tail.. tons of wolves howling every nite. 

F80616A0-31A8-445F-971E-FB91271F3013.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, retro said:

My buddy took his first Bear ever from one of our stands this evening! He got a young boar weighing 214 lbs with perfect shot placement through the heart & both lungs. The Bear did two somersaults and ran 30 feet before piling up... We're celebrating big tonight!

jesse-bear-2020-5.png

Congratulations to the Bear Buster Hunting Club -----   I'll have my bear burger well done !!!! 

• Like 1

Here is my son's 4 month old German Shorthair with his first grouse.

IMG_20200926_203339.jpg

• Like 9

Hey guys I'm not a hunter but I do allow a few chosen to hunt on our property.  One guy mentioned to me if I knew we had a piebald deer around and I said what's that?  He showed me a few pics and I said I had never seen it up until then.  Now the last 3 days I have seen it around the property with 3 others.  In case you don't know what they are I'll post a pic of one, tan and white markings.  I asked if they are part albino but mrs bcs did some research and said they are not part albino.

piebald.jpg

• Like 6

yeah...our local "herd"  used to throw them now n then..always a bit stunted in growth as well...back during the 2009 economy crash, some of the local boys felt justified  to put "meat in their freezer"...even out of season...they pretty much desimated the heard...and amazingly even took the pie..and we haven't had any since...but it's taken quite a while for us to get back to a 6-9 deer gathering..and here we are in season again...won't be much longer that it'll be dangerous to go out in my own woods...boys shootin in all directions...and none of them on their own property.

that's a purty one you got there...

Bow season opened here 1 October, pretty quiet around our property.  Even when rifle season starts 15 November we only allow a few to hunt, they keep it pretty well safe...

That isn't our piebald, I have ours on my phone, will upload it....

Here is the one that is around our property....

deer.jpg

• Like 1

Doe I shot last Monday. My first deer kill while using a tactacam and also my first deer kill using my micro recurve. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wheelsquad said:

Doe I shot last Monday. My first deer kill while using a tactacam and also my first deer kill using my micro recurve. 

That was AWESOME!  Great shot!

im heading back out next week end, then I have Oct21-Nov10 off for hunting!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bcsman said:

Hey guys I'm not a hunter but I do allow a few chosen to hunt on our property.  One guy mentioned to me if I knew we had a piebald deer around and I said what's that?  He showed me a few pics and I said I had never seen it up until then.  Now the last 3 days I have seen it around the property with 3 others.  In case you don't know what they are I'll post a pic of one, tan and white markings.  I asked if they are part albino but mrs bcs did some research and said they are not part albino.

piebald.jpg

i seen an albino once, let loose an arrow, 200 yards away or more, i missed. the doe in the picture still looks tasty. i guess i would have to let the shot pass. the off bred might make for some interesting deerskin shirts, or jackets.

🤨

Edited by LedFTed
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, bcsman said:

piebald.jpg

i sure hope those remain off the hunters radar .. 

• Like 1

when i could hunt, i used the Lil can by PROMOS, sent the sound by my fingers in two directions, than put it up, only used it twice. that worked well. sat back in my stand, sometimes, i would smoke a cigarette. not Hunting rules. especially smoking, but i got some deer meat. i got a 6 pointer, best i shot em, bad conformation, an two does, in three years. 27 mins the 1st year 17, the 2nd, an 7 mins the 3rd. had a good spot. deer meat is better than beef, when cooked right, and more tender. the sweet meat is on the inside, but you get a good cut from the tail to the ears, next to the spine, on the out side. 2 cuts inside or out. any deer meat is better than beef, though some beef taste good.

red squirrel is not to be underestimated. to each is own, you like greys, have at em. reds aint that hard to clean, just a myth.

Edited by LedFTed

that depends on where your hunting ... deer around this area often feed in soybean fields ... which are treated with some very poisonous chemicals ... so to say it's better then beef ? well.... your taking a chance of ingesting ... some very toxic poisons .. used for weed control... not too many (who know) consum deer meat ... the bucks are mostly hunted  for the trophies  .... even the meat has tested positive for poisons .. just a word to wise ... deer are free range ... cattle are not, and regulated heavily this day in time. 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that depends on where your hunting ... deer around this area often feed in soybean fields ... which are treated with some very poisonous chemicals ... so to say it's better then beef ? well.... your taking a chance of ingesting ... some very toxic poisons .. used for weed control... not too many (who know) consum deer meat ... the bucks are mostly hunted  for the trophies  .... even the meat has tested positive for poisons .. just a word to wise ... deer are free range ... cattle are not, and regulated heavily this day in time. 

We eat deer meat year round so we don't have to buy beef very much.  Most deer I see will walk through the beans and head straight to the corn I put out. Never been worried about what they spray,  but that is a good point.  In my opinion  if it don't kill the deer, we will be fine. 

it does kill them...I've seen them come out and start grazing right after a field is sprayed ... so .. i don't eat deer meat any longer  and there is a long term effect from ingesting that toxic poison .. I've lost a bunch of friends to cancer .from dealing with those  poisons ... that's why most large cattle farmes have to certify the meat free of  chemicals like wormer .. growth hormones ..etc ... free rang deer meat is not done like that ... and they eat a bean fields up completely. it's a big problem around here .. but as stated depends on where you hunt. 

I guess I am safe  from getting poisoned from  eating deer meat around here , the only farm for say is the old lady growing tomatoes and peppers on the corner ----  LOL 

You think maybe the cows , chickens  and fish are full of chemicals too !!! 

I think I would be more afraid of drinking milk then eating wild deer , might grow t!ts from the milk  --------  I don't drink milk , not cause I am afraid of growing t!ts , I just don't like milk 

You think maybe the cows , chickens  and fish are full of chemicals too !!![/quite] 

commercially raised  cows, and chickens, and pork, i wouldn't doubt it, Fish, . as for fish.... the last i had was catfish ... i cought in a pond ... but that's about the only type i eat now ... baked ... it's not the best... i need to work on my seasonings .. milk .. i get from toombs brothers right from the tank...no pasteurization, and eggs i get from from a friend ... farm raised ...they have the good thick yoke ... great for making cornbread ... and pork (which i eat very little of) i get from Dennis ...garden raised, vegetables were slim Pickens this season from all the flooding ... 

but now ... i smoke ... so.. I'm sure the chemicals make there way in.... lol! ...just a habit from raising tobacco .. for years ... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

9 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i seen an albino once, let loose an arrow, 200 yards away or more, i missed. the doe in the picture still looks tasty. i guess i would have to let the shot pass. the off bred might make for some interesting deerskin shirts, or jackets.

🤨

200 yards away, must be some bow you have.  I question your hunting ethics!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, LedFTed said:

🤨

i don't hunt..... but those are very rare .... I've only seen one back years ago.....some  jerk  just had to have it as trophy.... made a number of people around here very angry ..... when they learned it had been killed for the hide ... 

23 hours ago, wheelsquad said:

My first deer kill while using a tactacam and also my first deer kill using my micro recurve.

Great shot and footage! The audio is excellent too! There is no mistaking an Excalibur recurve on the shot! :-)

• Like 3