shrade

Forum Hunters?

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

That waiting game for the big one don't get it with me , you seen 5 and might go home with nothing , shoot the meat !!!!!! 

Might not be sun up.... can't shoot them in the dark.....lol

• Like 1

The Kolpin boot comes with quick detach, but to you’d have to have one on every bike. Not sure u can buy just the mount. If not only other way would be the Y mounts that the rifle sits on on the racks. Think they are quick connects as well. But again, exposed to the elements. (Unless the gun was in a sock or thin cover of some kind..)

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

The Kolpin boot comes with quick detach, but to you’d have to have one on every bike. Not sure u can buy just the mount. If not only other way would be the Y mounts that the rifle sits on on the racks. Think they are quick connects as well. But again, exposed to the elements. (Unless the gun was in a sock or thin cover of some kind..)

And you brought up and issue for me , I would want a gun carrier that could handle multiple guns at different times ,  a .270 with a scope , a 12 gauge mag with a 32 inch barrel , a 45.70 with a scope  , and maybe a MP15 that is super  short ----seen you post that one of yours is very tight fit 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

And you brought up and issue for me , I would want a gun carrier that could handle multiple guns at different times ,  a .270 with a scope , a 12 gauge mag with a 32 inch barrel , a 45.70 with a scope  , and maybe a MP15 that is super  short ----seen you post that one of yours is very tight fit 

Only reason my Rem 700 is tight is due to my Magpul Hunter stock with my large Burris Veracity 5x25x50 with 30mm tube. It fits but sometimes when removing the soft boot protector comes out with it. That’s just foolish! 45-70 fits like a glove. My SKS won’t fit because of the Tapco stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

That waiting game for the big one don't get it with me , you seen 5 and might go home with nothing , shoot the meat !!!!!! 

I see so many deer I usually don't shoot much before the rut comes in. I usually shoot 2 does a year but normally don't see much of anything after Thanksgiving.  I have 2 possible bucks on my list this year.

• Like 3

Me = it’s Brown.. it’s Down! I have 3 tags. 2 doe, 1 for buck or doe. I’m a meat hunter. Here’s a teaser of my buck from last year.. almost done...

FB74BFF7-0EAD-4382-9BC8-6ABC6DDEF1BE.png

• Like 3

On 9/14/2020 at 9:34 AM, Fishfiles said:

Help me decipher Frisco  'Led !!!  Frisco'cine Buffalo stew ?  Frisco'oil deep fried buffalo ? or maybe Frisco-China Town Freck'asay  with a side of rice ? 

San Francisco, off the west coast of course. your version seems better.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

Flies it dies -- brown it's down -- black goes down too

Here is how I  mounted my Kolpin  gun boot  -- straight up draw 

Gun boot.JPG

Edited by Melatv
  • Like 3

We use to have 6 tags, 2 buck, 2 doe, and 2 either sex.  You could so buy extra doe tags. Now its 2 buck and 4 doe. Always have 2 turkey and a bear tag.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chevymec said:

We use to have 6 tags, 2 buck, 2 doe, and 2 either sex.  You could so buy extra doe tags. Now its 2 buck and 4 doe. Always have 2 turkey and a bear tag.

Did brown hit the ground ??? 

17 hours ago, Melatv said:

Gun boot.JPG

Mel , that looks really nice , even the color scheme all matches 

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Did brown hit the ground ??? 

Nah, I've never been that way.  I have killed a few I wasn't proud about but never really had to hunt to eat. If my wife says we have plenty of meat from last year, I get picky. Bucks we are picky also. With only 2 buck tags we don't shoot small ones. 

My quad all back together & ready to go. I’m grabbing the trailer in the morning & heading 3hrs north for the week by myself again.. 

• Like 3

Ist time out this year, nothing moving. I blame the farmer, crops still in field. No reason for them to get up and move yet.

On 10/17/2020 at 12:17 PM, Melatv said:

Gun boot.JPG

I like the way you mounted the gun boot.  I haven't had a lot of good luck with my guns staying zeroed do to the rough ride on a quad.

I saw plenty of pre-rut action in WI yesterday. 5-6 bucks all pushing does. I did have a shooter come in a 710am. He gave me a 25 yard shot and the arrow hit a branch sticking up off the ground about 10 ft in front of him (i couldn't see the stick).... Stuck him in the lower rear leg. I probably broke his leg somewhere. Tracked for a mile until the snow was falling too hard and couldn't follow blood. I'm guessing he's still alive if he didn't bed down in the first mile after being shot. Pretty disappointed today and yesterday. He was a brute too. Probably 220 lbs dressed deer. He was 5 or 6 years old based on pictures we've had.

This picture is from a cell camera on my friend’s property. It would seem the rut might be early this year in Michigan. And the buck I shot last night (pictures posted above) was standing on a fresh scape. image.jpeg

• Like 2

Well my first nite in the bush kinda went to crap... snow then heavy rain... 

now doin some pre nite scouting..

1CD3EC85-640C-4F93-9F86-E184183DB5B3.jpeg

B131452C-41DB-497C-B133-AFF11299EC82.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 2

good deal! hey man, y'all can keep the snow up there, lol .... i see by freedomflyer's post .... he has a inches out his way... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Haha 1

Hunt Camp for the week. Just got back from sitting over 3hrs in ground blind. Only seen one grouse. Now to exercise the fur babies..

F5E65767-0363-462F-BC61-7B55B6FDA47A.jpeg

28D0A1F2-5E32-4A11-AA10-9B3F966FF3E5.jpeg

• Like 6