shrade

Forum Hunters?

Tue evening thru ALL night, nothing but heavy rain. I just slept in yesterday as the mud is retarded. But in the afternoon it was nice so I left on the quad for 4hrs. Only ran across 3 does. Rained again last nite/this am. I’m packing up heading home. Leaving for another spot with a buddy next Monday for the week. I hope it cools off enough to freeze the ground up!

• Like 2

Buddy does building demolition , was out on his job Friday , he knows I collect signs , he gave me this one that he found , nice score !!!  

fullsizeoutput_d75.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Took this 8 point this morning. He was about 30 minutes behind a doe but stopped long enough for me to take a shot. spacer.png Honestly thought I missed him because 5 minutes after I shot,  the buck on the camera slipped out from the same block of woods and by me.  I never saw him because I was too busy texting the BBD to my wife and buddies. Phone went off and said I had a picture.  Ouch... I sat there from 7am when I shot till 930 am when I had to get out doubting myself. 155lbs . My first shooter buck  I had a chance on in a few years. I have passed on smaller bucks.

20201101_113245.jpg

20201101_100618.jpg

Screenshot_20201101-205039_SPYPOINT.jpg

Edited by Chevymec
  • Like 11

I got the wife to stop with me at the flea market yesterday , she really is not into it , so being late evening Sunday the venders are looking for a last minute sale , I picked up one of these deer grunts , not that I will ever grunt a deer , figured they would be a cool conversation piece hanging with my collection of other calls , so I asked Karl how much a piece , he said $10 for the 5 , so they are wall hangers now 

fullsizeoutput_d79.jpeg

• Like 7

Off to the hunting shack tomorrow. Deer season opens Saturday in northern Minnesota for two weeks. Gonna be too warm the first two days. The snow melted and I was raking leaves and cleaning gutters today with no shirt on. Increased the size of my woodshed by 50%, filled it and probably won't even need a fire until Monday.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PROV said:

Off to the hunting shack tomorrow. Deer season opens Saturday in northern Minnesota for two weeks. Gonna be too warm the first two days. The snow melted and I was raking leaves and cleaning gutters today with no shirt on. Increased the size of my woodshed by 50%, filled it and probably won't even need a fire until Monday.

Good luck. I have some cousins going up on the Vermilion River where they have a cabin for opening weekend.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sled_22 said:

Good luck. I have some cousins going up on the Vermilion River where they have a cabin for opening weekend.

Those guys might even have more timberwolves than we do if that's possible. One of your cousins doesn't happen to live in Lindstrom, Mn does he? 

Edited by PROV

Yeah they have some but are blessed with some decent woods nearby that don't get hit too bad. Usually someone in the group shoots a decent buck every year. by decent up there is a 16" wide 8pt

• Like 1

Was working for a guy and  seen a pic off a trail cam of a very unusual buck yesterday ,  he has three sets of horns , two racks on the right and one on the left ,  need to get him to send me a pic and share it  ------ anyone ever seen something like that before 

• Like 1

No but several times does have been shot that had horns.

• Like 2

Dang it this kitty is hanging around my deer spot.

got it just where i want it, cleaned it up and started checking The shots on my camera chips. Watching my back and carrying a loaded sidearm in an L2 dropleg.

Place is littered with coyotes too

3C313688-A475-4E00-BAD5-E432124036A1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Watching my back

Cougars ambush & chase from above.... look up in the trees as well as behind ya and fuggetabout ever doing any jogging through the woods. 🙂 That sucks... but look at the bright side.... Cougars hate wolves and will run down and kill every wolf they see just to eliminate them from their territory.

• Like 4

Hunt Camp 2020 paid off!! I headed north this time with a buddy from work who wanted to get into hunting. It was a crazy week! I pulled my first Polaris (XP850 with 240lb rider) out of the woods, sorry no pics.. How ironic my 424 switch let go that morning so I was locked in 4x4. His quad over heated & was dead in the bush. Thank gawd I was locked. 3rd gear 5k plus rpm got him out. Managed to fix both quads. Seen insane amount of deer everyday. Found the best area & I got er done. He was unlucky but learned lots & had a great time. We had insane weather. +13c & sun to -10c & blizzard. Ran a tank of fuel a day! The 40 pilot I just installed was too much I think. A lot harder to start but fine & less backfire in decel... other than that Ive put a lot of miles on the quad this year! More than any year since I bought it!! Had an awesome hunting trip!! Even though it’s not a huge deer I’m still getting it mounted as my buddy had a taxidermy shop. (Lone Wolf Taxidermy).. here’s a teaser of my last years deer.. almost done...

E5BB244B-6B7E-4136-AF33-75F7069A4E7A.jpeg

9133C556-025A-414C-A3FE-0BE3AD414F6D.jpeg

B53A0F2A-576D-48DF-8B69-AFDB41B74E43.jpeg

492A4B5F-EE16-4241-B82B-DA95D9DF3893.jpeg

40DD1762-A093-4BCF-9BCB-F44B002D9A44.jpeg

D0017562-D5F6-4386-AADE-BFDF8AF23BB7.jpeg

41EDD769-AE40-4EBD-9424-5F5B5D46550B.png

47A46764-5421-4C71-84D4-C0B2D36F8260.jpeg

EFB77CCB-AD0F-4B2C-B489-086619F163CD.jpeg

4B9034D4-7C00-42F1-99CE-42C300E7A737.jpeg

585C3E63-4AFF-472C-887E-7C55E73D0A96.jpeg

AE7CDEFA-1E20-49EE-BD34-C2A1418BA83F.jpeg

5C3696BF-49C5-45F3-A9F4-1CBD0B754839.jpeg

4D761532-8DC6-4D93-81A0-4BCD18736E3F.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 11

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

you have me thinking more and more about one, but it will have to go on the 97 .... lol 

my buddy only wished he had one! I told him the company & he’s gonna get one. He half froze a few days. I LOVED mine. It was AWESOME!

• Like 3

I've been working on a remodel of a 108 yr old farm house for the past year and 2 months, the home/property owner, his sisters,  and his cousin inherited about 13,000 acres that this house sits on. His cousin owns about 4000 acres out of that acreage.  His cousins nephew put in for an Elk hunt in the Missouri Breaks which is in the Eastern central part of Montana. This is the results, I'd say he was pretty fortunate. 

Resized95.jpg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Wheeler said:

my buddy only wished he had one! I told him the company & he’s gonna get one. He half froze a few days. I LOVED mine. It was AWESOME!

I told you before, I wouldn't go without one anymore.... even for branches and spider webs

• Like 1

Got my 2nd buck and last of the season. He came walking through that fog following a doe in no big hurry. Shot him at 620am and at 200 yards and no blood. A friend and his wife hunting the field beside me helped look him. I waited till they got out at 9am so I would mess their hunt up.  205 lbs and some age on him. Kinda sad it is November and still wearing my snake boots. Now on to some doe control.

20201107_101041.jpg

20201107_100242.jpg

20201107_095004.jpg

20201107_063536.jpg

• Like 10

Nice.  Chevy’ you ever been to Louisiana as you sure do look familiar.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Nice.  Chevy’ you ever been to Louisiana as you sure do look familiar.   

Fish, I have not. I have a friend that lives in Oak Grove, West Carroll Parish.  Honestly, I have had a lot of people ask me the same thing in different areas.