shrade

Forum Hunters?

1 hour ago, Chevymec said:

@Wheeler, that seems like a good time right there.  How long do you usually stay at camp?

Stayed at this spot for 5 days. It was a blast. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Wheeler said:

@_Wilson_™ I must say... fairing windshield has now paid for itself!!!!!!!!

i would imagine the heat from the engine gets blown up behind that fairing some ? at low speeds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i would imagine the heat from the engine gets blown up behind that fairing some ? at low speeds. 

On mine because of the plastics I don't get the rising heat, but the wind block is the biggest thing for me.

• Like 2

I found this crossbow at a flea market yesterday , the guy wants $25 , bet he would take $20 , doesn't have the string , I  don't really want it as a crossbow as I have one  , might be a good wall hanger , anyone recognize it , where they any good , I would think from the 80s 

x7qVSYqeRzW2Q352g4iYBQ.jpg

• Like 1

Fiberglass? From the 70s mebbe.

Or homebuilt using a Chevette leafspring, lol!

gotta be a hoot for $20!

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

might be a good wall hanger

$20 for a wall hanger ? being how your a collector, i would bite, never know what you might find out later on. how many of us have older antique guns hanging over the mantel ? 

• Like 1

Dropped my buck off to the butcher. Weighed 100lbs on the hook with no head, hide, tenderloins or legs. Not too bad if u ask me... just getting steaks, roasts & burger outta this guy.. 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 4

We had 65 and 70 degree days this weekend followed by 40 degrees and heavy rain yesterday. Dropped to 20 last night and froze everything. Saw a huge buck at night but almost nobody has seen one during the day. They will get moving sometime. Going back to camp Thursday. This was the buck I got last year. Last pic is the biggest one I ever shot.

IMG_20191110_115242920_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_115214463_HDR.jpg

Buck3-2006.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

@PROV that’s a big bodied deer right there!

He was a good bit over 200# dressed.

• Like 3

that would close to a record around here, biggest, I've heard of here, was 220 lbs dressed, 14 pointer shot with a 270, hunters had been trying for years to bag him, they even named him mossy nuts. Donny rich, ended up getting him, a friend of mine, Donny Rich ended up bagging him. i saw him once, talk about a monster buck! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that would close to a record around here, biggest, I've heard of here, was 220 lbs dressed, 14 pointer shot with a 270, hunters had been trying for years to bag him, they even named him mossy nuts. Donny rich, ended up getting him, a friend of mine, Donny Rich ended up bagging him. i saw him once, talk about a monster buck! 

You guys might develop bigger racks but as you move north average size increases. True for a lot of species.

• Like 4

i couldn't say ... i don't hunt any longer, but just rodent, dillas, groundhogs, buzzards, anything that causes issues for what few farmers we have left ... .... but i have plenty of big bucks roaming around, i do know a dressed  220lbs is big for these parts, the adverage rack here, is 8 points, or less. 

• Like 1

My buddies' son downed this one in Arkansas on their land in Mineral Springs last weekend , I like the spread , they kill some beautiful deer up there , they are always asking me to go , but it is a 8 hour ride from here 

IMG_2385.JPG

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

My buddies' son downed this one in Arkansas on their land in Mineral Springs last weekend , I like the spread , they kill some beautiful deer up there , they are always asking me to go , but it is a 8 hour ride from here 

IMG_2385.JPG

That would be worth the drive! 

• Like 1

got a pic of this one a few ago, just 300 feet -+ away from my back porch the pic isn't so good, but looks to be a 6 Point.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Our buck numbers are way low this year due to overharvesting two years ago when the buck population peaked. But we have a big 10 point here that everyone is trying for & hoping to ambush. So far the big boy have evaded all of the archery season hunters, including myself. So no one have taken any smaller bucks yet... and I doubt that anyone will shoot another buck until that big 10 goes down. 🙂

I set up another stand location today, think I might have zero'd in on his wheelhouse this time, but I may have to turn my buddy on to my new stand cause I'm too busy to take any more time off for hunting.

Y'all keep the pics coming! 🙂

• Like 3

@retro we use to have 4 buck tags a year but they cut us back to 2 a year..  I definitely have noticed that the bucks are getting bigger.  

• Like 1

This one is my oldest daughter's boyfriend.  This is the kid who lost his dad a couple of months ago, and whose mom took off when he was a baby.  He's moved in with an aunt and uncle and his dad's friends are still making sure he has places to hunt.

He's been after this one for awhile.  I'm pretty sure he hit this one last year with an arrow and couldn't find him, but knew the deer had survived from game cam pics.

Ryan.jpg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, retro said:

Our buck numbers are way low this year due to overharvesting two years ago when the buck population peaked. But we have a big 10 point here that everyone is trying for & hoping to ambush. So far the big boy have evaded all of the archery season hunters, including myself. So no one have taken any smaller bucks yet... and I doubt that anyone will shoot another buck until that big 10 goes down. 🙂

we have the same over harvesting here, young  hunters here don't care , if the buck has a small rack or big, if it's got horns, it's a target...the older hunters don't agree with shooting younger bucks so hunting rights all over have been changing hands, hasn't made for good community relations. which is why Andy the road shooter will not be missed, but I'm sure someone else will take his place.. and tempers among hunters  will get heated like the last season. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

hasn't made for good community relations [,,,] tempers among hunters  will get heated like the last season.

Some silly dramas are developing here too. Everyone wants that big 10... including myself. He's a huge ole boy! So one local hunter (who is not a landowner here, but a person that we've always welcomed) got caught deleting all the photos and videos from SD memory cards in two different game cameras that he found, belonging to two different neighboring landowners. One of those cams that he deleted belong to one of my best friends... and since I was the one who set him up and tended his cams for him they are trying to draw me into choosing a side in their game. So now we got two landowners upset with a 3rd guy who lives two miles away... who might get his butt run off now... now that he's messed with other folks stuff. I'm watching competition amongst friends over a soon to be dead deer anyway... lead to destruction of our long standing relationships and our trust... looks like I'm gonna lose a beer drinkin' buddy over this silly crap. I can't wait for deer season to end now, I want out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Easy option.  He is out.  Messing with other people property’s.   Your hands clean no hard feelings.  

wish I had the land and money to invite all my pals and you guys.   Would be some party

• Like 4