shrade

Forum Hunters?

Just now, rustynut2 said:

Easy option.  He is out.  Messing with other people property’s.   Your hands clean no hard feelings.  

wish I had the land and money to invite all my pals and you guys.   Would be some party

Ya I agree... our local clown has probably got to go. I just don't want to deal with those complexities.... we been good friends for many years. Its really sad that he took a ! on our trust and is forcing my neighbors hands. I'm gonna miss him.

We are still partying though, minus one... y'all are welcome to come join us up here anytime!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, retro said:

Some silly dramas are developing here too. Everyone wants that big 10... including myself. He's a huge ole boy! So one local hunter (who is not a landowner here, but a person that we've always welcomed) got caught deleting all the photos and videos from SD memory cards in two different game cameras that he found, belonging to two different neighboring landowners. One of those cams that he deleted belong to one of my best friends... and since I was the one who set him up and tended his cams for him they are trying to draw me into choosing a side in their game. So now we got two landowners upset with a 3rd guy who lives two miles away... who might get his butt run off now... now that he's messed with other folks stuff. I'm watching competition amongst friends over a soon to be dead deer anyway... lead to destruction of our long standing relationships and our trust... looks like I'm gonna lose a beer drinkin' buddy over this silly crap. I can't wait for deer season to end now, I want out.

oh i can relate to part of this very well, Andy had asked me for years, and years , to let him go hunting on land we had rented back years ago, just because we WERE good friends, and i played golf at his place every once in a while plus, his family ( the Harris family) had Larg fish frys, and wild game cook outs, etc,  so Andy took up on himself as the one who did everything, and gave no credit to his family, i can't name how many times he's stopped me working in the field to ask if he could go hunting, on land that was already spoke for, and sure enough he would throw (50 plus years old) a child like fit, and tell me, i thought we were friends, when i explained, to him, i will not get in the middle of this, he wouldn't come around for a short time, he also bothered my father, which burned me up. I've been pulled into deals between twinky (twinky lost his hunting rights on my land a short time ago) and Richard (both friends of mine) also with another, a grooms fellah, which which used to help raise tobacco, the whole family was super bad about just walking in on someone else's land and go to hunting, well a couple years back he made the big mistake of gut shooting a doe, and the land owner Steve  Williamson some how found out, i happened to see  grooms and he gave me a ride to pickup a loaded semi, and low and behold Scott Williamson showed up, and went nuts, and grooms layed his hand on his rifle, and grabbed it, said NO, you do not want to tangle with Scott (he's one my best friends) some of you might remeber me talking about Steve and his black smithing, Scott had his say, and left, later that night i got a call from Steve asking me what happened, and i said grooms reached for his gun, and i stopped him, just a few true redicious stories  of what buck fever does around here, and another why i stopped hunting,but if i want one, i have land loaded with deer, so I'm like you, bout fed up it myself. 

now, Andy was the road shooter, that shot in front my house, and also i learned the bullet hole in dales house (my nieghor straight across the road) Andy was killed in a car accident a short time after that drunk, and on perscription pain killers.. i reckon if you play with that combo long enough, it bites back. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:34 AM, Fishfiles said:

Help me decipher Frisco  'Led !!!  Frisco'cine Buffalo stew ?  Frisco'oil deep fried buffalo ? or maybe Frisco-China Town Freck'asay  with a side of rice ? 

i think its the stuff in a can ya cook with, like lard, 9/11 was a couple of months ago, so i dont remember what i was thinking. heck i dont remember what i was thinking a couple of minutes ago. 😀

my train of thought run of the tracks a long time ago. 😁

Duh, Crisco; i missed the key while typing.

Edited by LedFTed
why not

On 8/24/2020 at 4:06 PM, Wheeler said:

@jeepwm69 what would you say Dove tastes like? I've never ate one, or though of it before.... 

I'm concerned about my hunting season this year.. Seeing how I damaged my shoulder, I'm not sure I'll be able to shoot my 7mm or .45-70 this year.. Only rifle I could use is my SKS 7.62x39 as it doesn't kick because it's semi... shots would have to be limited to 100yards.... Deer season opens up Sept 1st in some areas... 

mostly ya just pluck the breast meat out. to me is taste like mild chicken liver. really mild..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, retro said:

Some silly dramas are developing here too. Everyone wants that big 10... including myself. He's a huge ole boy! So one local hunter (who is not a landowner here, but a person that we've always welcomed) got caught deleting all the photos and videos from SD memory cards in two different game cameras that he found, belonging to two different neighboring landowners. One of those cams that he deleted belong to one of my best friends... and since I was the one who set him up and tended his cams for him they are trying to draw me into choosing a side in their game. So now we got two landowners upset with a 3rd guy who lives two miles away... who might get his butt run off now... now that he's messed with other folks stuff. I'm watching competition amongst friends over a soon to be dead deer anyway... lead to destruction of our long standing relationships and our trust... looks like I'm gonna lose a beer drinkin' buddy over this silly crap. I can't wait for deer season to end now, I want out.

Yep, the stupid comes out in full force around here during deer season.   "MY DEER" becomes the mantra, even though the ! things wander where they want to.

No excuse in messing with other people's stuff though.  Guy needs to hat in hand apologize to the other guys, and if he's worth a turd he'll sit out the rest of the season to show that he's truly remorseful.  If he won't do that, you don't need him around anyway.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh i can relate to part of this very well, Andy had asked me for years, and years , to let him go hunting on land we had rented back years ago, just because we WERE good friends, and i played golf at his place every once in a while plus, his family ( the Harris family) had Larg fish frys, and wild game cook outs, etc,  so Andy took up on himself as the one who did everything, and gave no credit to his family, i can't name how many times he's stopped me working in the field to ask if he could go hunting, on land that was already spoke for, and sure enough he would throw (50 plus years old) a child like fit, and tell me, i thought we were friends, when i explained, to him, i will not get in the middle of this, he wouldn't come around for a short time, he also bothered my father, which burned me up.

When I was a kid my family allowed people to hunt the farm.  My great grandfather bought the ground back in the 20's, and between his 5 kids, their kids, and now my generation, there are about 20 people who own interest in the place. 

With about 1/2 of those 20 giving permission to someone or another to hunt, soon it turned into a constant "He set up too close to my stand" or "He rode his 3wheeler through and messed up my hunting".  It was like a bunch of spoiled kids, all complaining to everyone in the family about their "rights" being violated.

So no more.  NO ONE is allowed to hunt the farm except family, or someone with a family member present.  No permission is given to anyone anymore.  I can't even let my kid's boyfriend or my father in law go out there unless I am physically hunting with them. 

That is the ONLY way we got all the fighting and ! to stop, and got the family members to stop fighting over who could hunt and who couldn't.  It sucks, but when people start acting stupid, sometimes you have to take drastic measures to stop it.

• Like 2

Reading all that is one reason I’ve  never asked a land owner for permission, & only hunt crown land, which is VERY plentiful in Alberta. 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

I hunt public land too. All the camps are pretty respectful of each other's stands. I haven't seen a human in 16 years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

When I was a kid my family allowed people to hunt the farm.  My great grandfather bought the ground back in the 20's, and between his 5 kids, their kids, and now my generation, there are about 20 people who own interest in the place. 

With about 1/2 of those 20 giving permission to someone or another to hunt, soon it turned into a constant "He set up too close to my stand" or "He rode his 3wheeler through and messed up my hunting".  It was like a bunch of spoiled kids, all complaining to everyone in the family about their "rights" being violated.

So no more.  NO ONE is allowed to hunt the farm except family, or someone with a family member present.  No permission is given to anyone anymore.  I can't even let my kid's boyfriend or my father in law go out there unless I am physically hunting with them. 

That is the ONLY way we got all the fighting and ! to stop, and got the family members to stop fighting over who could hunt and who couldn't.  It sucks, but when people start acting stupid, sometimes you have to take drastic measures to stop it.

i got plumb fed, so i just said no more hunting for twinky, now only one family is allowed to hunt with a few of his friends, but he has to be there with them, twink had a nice deal going, all had to do was supply some firewood, or pay just a little i mean ! I'm the one who pays taxes. and he alone had hunting rights, but then started bringing his family members in, while he wasn't around, even Dennis (farm renter) got angry about it, it got to a point they were asking him to feed his cows at certain times of the day, that's when i said ENOUGH! 

this one really got me, my fathers ex highered hand Jim, had always hunted on my father home place, got to the point he had exclusive rights, when my little sisters husband would come up and hunt, it caused nothing but trouble, my father told me he acts like he owns this land, so pop told him no more hunting, now it's just a few family members who are allowed to hunt now, so far it's worked great, i hate to turn friends away, but I'm not going to put up with he did this or he did that drama, it's just sad to see grown men act like children.and destroy a good friendship, over a set of antlers .. 

• Like 2

Yep.  People sure get stupid over it.  Greedy too.

My great uncle has about 300 acres right in the middle of the rest of the place that he owns outright.  It's in WRP so has pothole ponds everywhere with some prairie like ground.  He's 92.

He doesn't have any kids, and a couple have been kinda helping him out for the last 15 years or so, helping around the house, driving him to doctor's appointments etc.  The husband has rights to hunt that 300 acres.  GREAT hunting land.  Right along the river, right smack between some pretty heavy timber and our neighbor (friend of mine) who has all his ground back in trees.

The guy who has the right to hunt isn't a problem.  He rarely goes down there.  His brother and nephews came out of the woodwork when he got hunting rights, and they've covered the place up, and are territorial as !.  Not only that, but they don't mind driving through the family farm to take a shortcut to that 300, and my buddy who's land butts up against ours caught the brother down on the family farm where no one is supposed to be hunting.

The wife actually ! about it, saying that no one in her husband's family had anything to do with them till he got hunting rights, and now they're constantly badgering them wanting them to ask my uncle if they can hunt the family place (even though it's been VERY clearly explained to them that they cannot) and telling them the husband he needs to plant food plots etc.

So they have 300 acres of excellent hunting ground that doesn't cost them a dime, and they're STILL constantly pushing the lines or sneaking over onto the family place.

• Like 1

ohi would put up with that for sec! bout time to call the game warden, on that bunch, i turned Andy in when he shot from the road, but they never did catch him, but i sure did catch the radio traffic, they new him, by name, even setup some robot deer with camras, they busted a few but never nailed his ! 

Seems to be a trend.  I've hunted my inlaws land since 2005. I would take a buddy of mine a time or 2 but I was always with him. Wife's brother invited a big group of his coworkers to his dads pond which is and always has been catch and release. They caught 8 or 10 catfish, gutted them and left the remains on the bank. B-I-L wasn't even there when they were fishing. Can't even take my buddies with me to hunt or fish now.  

• Like 2

My nephews first deer today.. !.... Quite the story to go with it too! Lol! Gong Show TBH.. lol

56A0A148-D6A1-432D-862F-5151A4955BD8.png

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Chevymec said:

Seems to be a trend.  I've hunted my inlaws land since 2005. I would take a buddy of mine a time or 2 but I was always with him. Wife's brother invited a big group of his coworkers to his dads pond which is and always has been catch and release. They caught 8 or 10 catfish, gutted them and left the remains on the bank. B-I-L wasn't even there when they were fishing. Can't even take my buddies with me to hunt or fish now.  

yup, it's catching all over here, with more and more land being devolped, good places to hunt, and fish, and being more restricted to a certain few, who choose to bring friends in, i can't say i blame the land owners for making the choice to say no more, because once it happens and words spreads, then you have more trouble with more people wanting to get there foot in the door. it's a sad fact too. not o mention if someone gets hurt on your property, my insurance, doesn't cover that, so really to a point a land owners hands are tied. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yup, it's catching all over here, with more and more land being devolped, good places to hunt, and fish, and being more restricted to a certain few, who choose to bring friends in, i can't say i blame the land owners for making the choice to say no more, because once it happens and words spreads, then you have more trouble with more people wanting to get there foot in the door. it's a sad fact too. not o mention if someone gets hurt on your property, my insurance, doesn't cover that, so really to a point a land owners hands are tied. 

It just blows my mind how people will walk right by posted signs like they are invisible and not give a sh*t.  I don't have a dog in the fight because I don't own any of it. There would be charges pressed everytime if I did. We can't put up a gate because a right of way road runs through the property. Last time a cable gate was put up those land owners accused my father in law of it. He didn't have anything to do with it. He has tried to buy that property but they won't sell because of a possible bypass coming by close to that. They logged it a few years back so the value is less now. Wish they all would sell to him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

It just blows my mind how people will walk right by posted signs like they are invisible and not give a sh*t.  I don't have a dog in the fight because I don't own any of it. There would be charges pressed everytime if I did. We can't put up a gate because a right of way road runs through the property. Last time a cable gate was put up those land owners accused my father in law of it. He didn't have anything to do with it. He has tried to buy that property but they won't sell because of a possible bypass coming by close to that. They logged it a few years back so the value is less now. Wish they all would sell to him.

i hear you loud and clear, there, i had the same issue with a right away  lane, on my father property, a judge in  Columbia is over seeing a property next to our place, and thinks anyone who goes in, is on his land, which is not really his land, i went in one day, then got calls from a friend the judge wanted me under the jail, description over the radio was a rider, on a red atv, riding / trespassing on said property, but i think he's kind of in hot water for dissmissing a few charges for a few big figure heads, i hope they nail his butt good, cause I'm going back next season for frog gigging, no !!!! way anyone is going to tell me to stay off my family's land! so far besides him, the land here is mostly owned by old money (nice people) and we're trying to keep it that way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chevymec said:

Over here trespassing can have  big teeth if the trespasser has a weapon on them when  caught and the right agent gets you ,  as it then becomes a Federal Crime , " felony criminal trespassing with a firearm "  and you go to the Federal court where they don't play , seems every fine starts at $5K , but they usually go easy on the $5K first time if you didn't do something insanely stupid , Lord help you if you are a return customer ----

another thing that is happening more and more is when they catch trespasser on ATVs , UTVs and trucks and they tear up the dirt and rock roads  on State , Federal and even private property  , they are adding fine money to repair the roads and that can get very expensive , recently heard of a crew got caught on the pipeline in Mandeville that were fined $25k for dozer work and I was told they held their bikes with storage fees till the fines were paid in full ---- a few year back some bad kids tore up a golf course that was under construction with their atvs and then cranked up two dozers , played bumping cars and really tore it up , they got caught and were charged $250,000 to repair the course and equipment , don't know if they ever paid anything , would guess their parents would be liable ------------ 

Another recent case here in Lacombe , a atv/utv crew pulled up to a private deer lease, unloaded off trailers on the side of the road and went in thru a gate , which I don't know who broke the lock , but it was still posted and tore up the roads and got caught , they impounded everything , trucks , trailers and bikes , and they were charged for road work -------   property no longer has to be posted to receive a trespassing charge like it use to be , they say you are suppose to know where you are at 

some kids on ATVs and UTVs got caught on the Lacombe pipeline 2  weekends ago ,  which runs thru a Federal Wildlife Management  , waiting to see what their fines are going to be 

There was a cool site that would give all the bad boys getting caught and the fines they were issued , but they took it down , I miss it as I like to read about the Bad Boys 

• Like 3

I'm glad the Feds, and law enforcement, are keeping a close eye out down your way, they sure dont here, unless you badger them enough, and usually they go after those who are know to tresspass on private land owners, now it's more left up the land owners, and people who have the actual hunting rights, but then those people who try and protect own land are named as trouble makers by people who have no right to be there, I've already had words with ex friend / neighbor Dave about riding on my place when ever he likes, next time, it won't be just words. ive already had my posted signs taken down a number of times. his wife is a sue happy !!!!! lord knows if he get injured riding on my place stoned on pain pills I'll be looking at a law suit, last year they went on vacation he was messed up (stoned) and fell in the hotel, and she wanted to sue the hotel, he told me the whole story of how it was his fault, and he talked her out of it, there now bann from the hotel, I'm sure law enforcement is over taxed down where you are from your last  post here its the same here. https://atvhonda.com/topic/1025-happy-veterans-day/ 

Thats a fine 1st buck your nephew got Wheeler! Tell 'im congrats!

We do not post signs on our land around here.... never have and never will. Most of the locals are friendly, helpful and respectful folks. Outsiders rarely bring the same attitudes along with them though, so we must deal with those monkeys (and their stories/excuses for barging in and skipping a coffee invitation) one on one.... which has worked pretty well for us so far. We each attack their bs excuses and tell them to knock on a door next time they visit, else they'll come face to face with one of us landowners again which guarantees that we won't be in such a friendly mood.... We've had no repeat intrusions so far and have met a few decent men who just chose the wrong approach out of habit. I think I've had more problems with one of my brothers due to his ingrained city-boy attitudes than I ever experienced with a trespasser. I had to run my brother off. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On November 12, 2020 at 7:36 PM, retro said:

how did you, and your friends come out this guy you had posted about ? 

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

how did you, and your friends come out this guy you had posted about ? 

Well, we talked about that mess for quite awhile the other night. We agreed that since he is a distant neighbor and a friend we would not run him off.... But he's getting the shunning shoulders from now on... he's already figured that much out and has moved his deer stand outta my neighbor's property.  We haven't seen hide nor hair of him since.

• Like 1

good deal, too bad he wasn't more of a friend the pull the stunts he pulled, he might have ended with y'all as one of the crew, it's just too bad what people will put above a chance to make new friends. 

Got my Whitetail Buck Deer!

Chasing his girlfriend; peeked at me from behind a tree. 170 yards—in the forehead—with my 6.5mm Creedmore. Not another step and never felt a thing

EBFFDCC5-82FE-45F9-BEC6-B5D809ED5569.jpeg

• Like 13