shrade

Forum Hunters?

12 hours ago, LedFTed said:

Nice Buck!

Like the Bud chair. how many days were ya staying? 😀 3 or 4?

That head, is going to be a mount on an atv?, or your truck.

just kidding, Congrats..

PS, did ya get deer fever, before ya shot. like your hearts gonna explode

i was there sat, sun, mon, and tuesday morning, left the stand around 9 am tuesday morning, headed back to camp to pack up, head home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goober said:

Congratulations @shadetree!

got my first deer ever last Sunday — about the same size as yours. I’m going back in the hills this weekend to practice rattling and grunting while they’re still interested. Still got my trail cams at my spot.

039B0433-9370-404E-B933-B5AD106A64DA.jpeg

CD42A29E-65B6-4209-822C-1CA05200660E.jpeg

E4E7D50F-B460-4386-AAEA-69815C44FFB3.jpeg

grats bro !!..man...that buck is one FINE mother trucker i tell ya !!..i had a chance at a shot just like this one, and the stupid bus seat i was sitting in spooked him..and off he went !..aghhh !!!..lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hear ya on the weight. I’m still waiting on the shop to get me booked in to get my GM Fast Burn heads in my 383 for more power. I pull a lot (too much prolly) of weight. We aren’t allowed to tow tandem unless it’s a 5th wheel here. Glad to see lots of u guys getting out & some success!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rustynut2 said:

Feeding them is cheating up here, but sure would make it easier to find them.

We can feed them and hunt over the feeder here in Louisiana , in Mississippi the can feed them , but they can't hunt near the feeder , I think it is 100 yards 

• Like 1

No person shall make use of bait to take wildlife unless the bait has been removed and any electronic feeder disabled at least 10 days prior to hunting.

rule for Tennessee, but hardly anyone who feeds / bait deer dont even bare about going by this rule, and TWRA, is more out looking for road shooters, and trespassers, thankfully the older hunters do there best to go by the rules, and know where to hunt to find the big bucks. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Rained all day opening day here in Michigan. My son sat out all day in it and saw nothing. Came back on day 2 and was rewarded with this nice 6pt

251B915D-1707-4F88-B007-A5243E8DF98F.jpeg

• Like 11

Put a few buckets of shelled corn out about 530 this evening and look who shows up again.... This guy is killing me. Yet to show up with the sun up.

Screenshot_20201119-213238_SPYPOINT.jpg

• Like 5

@Wheeler I had a set of the aluminum fast burns on a 350 I built in a camaro. I had replaced a stock set of vortecs. Had a nice increase of horsepower but not much in the torque side. Should be better with a 383.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Wonder if  the Shade hunt went like this ??? 

I didn't see a coffee pot in that video so I'm guessing no!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No kills yet for me. Still a few days to hunt. But I got my bow buck back from last year and up on the wall. Left gun ‘17. Mid bow ‘15 and right bow ‘19

4AB33F94-8FDB-4C8F-B14B-88D9541BFC86.jpeg

• Like 6

I scored  some horns , 2 -10 points and a 8 point  and never fired a shot !!!!!  They were  at the flea market hiding  in a box from a storage room auction last weekend , 28 horn points  cost $20 , that is about $.70 cents per horn , good deal , I know I have spent thousands  of dollars to get 6 and many times none , LOL  

MMM+LASoSK25VOhXfVTB6g.jpg

• Like 3

Shot a doe using shotgun right off the RancherAT. Used a box blind window Caldwell shooting bag over the handlebar mounted light bar to rest the gun. 

IMG-fe66e61212655810d684e04a655fb92a-V~2.jpg

• Like 7

And then later in the week I shot 3rd and 4th deer of the year, with rifle and from my adapted ladder stand though. Doe was much closer to the camera in the picture, she actually was only about 110 pounds. Buck weighed 192 dressed though. 

IMG-7ee0596d72fb3ea337d565ce927e42b6-V.jpg

• Like 10

You saw plenty of action in both archery & firearm seasons this year wheelsquad. Congrats man!

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

nice score, the buck is kind of hard to make out 8 point ? 

Yep, 8 pointer. Just figured out how to do more than 1 picture per post 🤦‍♂️

IMG-934dffbe101738320b39d64f8f6844ff-V.jpg

IMG-c0ae96b9630c6f1bb8ff50a6ed4b8550-V.jpg

• Like 6

Wheel Squad , that looks like  a big deer in the pic , neck is massive -------   I buy horns , 8 point or better , $1.00 per point , I'd go a buck fifty on that one , LOL 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i agree, he does look like a good size buck.  with you in the back ground as scale. 

Yeah he's the heaviest buck I've ever killed. 192 lbs after guts out. Rack not that impressive compared to a lot of the other bucks people in my family shoot, but we had this guy on camera and knew he was going to weigh a lot, and when he came out to the picked corn field he was way bigger than any of the other deer I had seen that week. So I put a 150gr 30 cal bullet right in his gearbox. 

• Like 6

You'll guys that can't feed them , it is expensive and a lot of work , I helped Kim haul 10 - 50 pound bags of corn to 5 feeder locations and fill feeders Saturday , that will last 6 days , spinning two times a day ----  

I really should take advantage of the situation and hunt more , I can walk to two of  the stands from my yard and gun just opened --- 

g9tvljKgS6uMZ%4FlBQ7Pg.jpg

• Like 5

A buddy and I usually buy 3 25 bag pallets of cob corn and split 1. I usually have plenty left by the end of the season because I will throw some shelled corn out also. My main stand is surrounded by bean fields, acorns, and other food sources. That helps out a lot.