frenchy

oil leak

As you can see , it all out now, can't ear anything crunchy with the bearings, could it be ok? Wondering if I could just put everything back together like it is now and put fresh oil! Or is it going to leak again? And what kind of oil? Need to get bearings for the swing arm..did try everything and still can't get the axle out  and all the nuts are seized anyway...

IMG_20211023_165122108.jpg

IMG_20211023_165108553.jpg

IMG_20211023_125129896.jpg

IMG_20211023_165050929.jpg

You need to get the diff off the axle and split it to check it out, and to replace those seals. 

Seals are cheap so it’s a no brainer to replace them with the work you’ve done. 

Do like shadetree said. Block of wood and a mallet, drive axle out of the diff. Don’t hit the end of the axle directly with the hammer!  You’ll mushroom the end of the axle. 

• Like 1

no you can not just put it back together, and fill it with gear oil !, until you get the diff off the axle, split it, so you can replace the bearings and oil seals ?, it will destroy the ring gear and pinion gear. you can not replace the oil seals until you get the diff split, which means !!, you have to get the axle out of the diff, THERE IS NO SHIRT CUTS TO THIS !!. if you do not do as we are saying ?, you will be right back here in no time...TRUST US ON THIS !!!!. the left rear side, those tube collars are suppose to slide off, then you can work the axle out of the right side of the diff.

As you can see on the second picture it seems that there is a nut still in it next to the black metal ring before the diff or is it not!! 

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

As you can see on the second picture it seems that there is a nut still in it next to the black metal ring before the diff or is it not!! 

i do not see a lock nut where u speak of ??. normally there is two lock nuts on left rear axle, i do not see any left on the axle ?, take a hammer, chisel , beat the metal collar off the axle.

Wow , that one is pretty rusted up , it has had water in it for a long time  , I would think it is not going  to come apart too easy , and if and when it does come apart it is going to be bad through out -------

I would use my acc/oxy torch and do some heating up 

here is that manual for a 2007-up 420 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12hzs10L_Gwu0aVyp8vhmEXNdf2N2P7tk

Hi, been trying everything and nothing came out, resign now!! Will try to found a garage next that can help me! Thanks for the manual, will be very useful for us when the bloody thing will be back on the road...thanks you all again Chris

Good move; hope you find a shop that will split it for you.

BTW you have to use gear oil. 80W-90 Hypoid may be your spec; check the manual. I use BelRay 80W-140, cuz I can’t find the 90.

• Like 1