Blacrick83

00 foreman 450ES

Hello all, I’ve got a project 2000 foreman trx 450 ES. Push button start doesn’t work. Replaced starter solenoid and when you push the button the solenoid clicks and nothing happens. Replaced all the fuses thinking that was the next step and had the same end result. Several other issues as the neutral light doesn’t come on anymore, ES Only allowed (when it was running) to go up to first or down to reverse, display screen doesn’t work. First time owner so this is all new to me and not familiar with electrical issues. Trying to avoid the shop. Thanks in advance. 

Welcome to the forum , First question ----  Is the solenoid a genuine OEM part , the ones sold on e-bay and amazon are junk  ---- Sure you hook the wires back up correctly as that is a common mistake ----  Do you have a good , clean , tight ground connection at the crankcase 

That was next step. Was hoping the cheaper options would remedy. Where do you guys get your oem parts for these older quads? Thanks for your reply 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Welcome to the forum , First question ----  Is the solenoid a genuine OEM part , the ones sold on e-bay and amazon are junk  ---- Sure you hook the wires back up correctly as that is a common mistake ----  Do you have a good , clean , tight ground connection at the crankcase 

It’s not OEM. What’s a good site to order OEM parts off of? Eventually going to wind up overhauling this with brakes, tires and get the display fixed 

33 minutes ago, Blacrick83 said:

That was next step. Was hoping the cheaper options would remedy. Where do you guys get your oem parts for these older quads? Thanks for your reply 

i buy most of my oem parts from rocky mountain atv. but for starters ?, i buy them from db electrical, great prices, warranties are great, they stand behind their products, and ship fast, they are out of TN i believe ?.

before you buy a starter !!!, pull the old starter out, do a bench test first. all this is..is you hooking a car battery ( 12 volt dc ) to the starter, neg to base, pos to terminal bolt. be warned !!!, you may or may not get a good burn spark when doing this ?, so be careful when touching the pos lead to the terminal pos bolt, it will leave a burnt spot to the bolt threads !, its best to have the 10mm nut screwed on, then touch the pos lead to the outside nut threads..this way it wont burn the bolt threads ?, then you do not run the risk of messing up the bolt threads.

44 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i buy most of my oem parts from rocky mountain atv. but for starters ?, i buy them from db electrical, great prices, warranties are great, they stand behind their products, and ship fast, they are out of TN i believe ?.

Great! Thanks for all the help. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blacrick83 said:

Great! Thanks for all the help. 

you are welcome !

I get used OEM solenoids from Powersportsnation.  They're usually cheap (although prices have been going up steadily).