shadetree

1986 trx350 fourtrax

Maybe on the other one. There’s only two parts right and left. Plow pins into those brackets 23F37851-6BDA-4E58-A6CB-9A34550148C9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Maybe on the other one. There’s only two parts right and left. Plow pins into those brackets 23F37851-6BDA-4E58-A6CB-9A34550148C9.jpeg

have not inspected the parts bike yet ?, if i can remember ?, i'll look on the parts bike , see if anything is on it ?. we don't plow here in ar, least i do not !..lol. i'll play in the snow b4 i work in it !..rofl.

• Haha 1

update: i got all the body work done on her, seems to run great so far !. i need to straighten the front rack, the front middle is bent down. still need to check the brakes, gear oil, then i will get her out of my shop, and roll a ct90 in to start in on. something tells me the guy that bought the 300, and has a down payment on the 450, will not be back to buy this '86 trx350 fourtrax ?, if that is the case ?, i will list it on CL's for $ 1,800.00, any members here that are interested in buying it ?, i'll work a cheaper price for you !!. the pastics  alone are worth 1800 all day long !..let me remind you..IT HAS EVERY BODY PART, NO CRACKS !.

• Like 3

Might wanna remove that single right side plow mount. I’ll look for a left one around here. I had a pair one side was broken hope it’s a righty😝

6308B4D6-6D70-4C90-AC9D-982E5F3B3A62.jpeg

• Like 1

Lookit there i have two pair and both lefties are good but slightly bent. Both righties are bent and broke. That’s what happens if ya don’t take em off after snow season 

you’re welcome to either lefty to make a complete set

796E5BCA-0AD6-497D-AC3B-FD1E5A816941.jpeg

Also have a complete original Cycle Country manual plow lift plus pieces. They were an Ok design but the handle always bumped on the fenders. Probably every owner that used these lifts had fenders are broken on the left side.

E9D14C49-6735-49B1-8FEC-5DD5C7AFB270.jpeg

4 hours ago, Goober said:

Also have a complete original Cycle Country manual plow lift plus pieces. They were an Ok design but the handle always bumped on the fenders. Probably every owner that used these lifts had fenders are broken on the left side.

E9D14C49-6735-49B1-8FEC-5DD5C7AFB270.jpeg

i will not use any plow stuff on this, i will take the right side off.

here she is all ready for a buyer !. i did not wash her, i'mma gonna let this one ride just like it sits.

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

• Like 6

I'd give $250 for the rear end .... if you decide to part it out --- LOL  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I'd give $250 for the rear end .... if you decide to part it out --- LOL  

haha..not gonna happen. but !!..if i can't get the second 1986 trx350 fourtrax together and running ?, catfish might part it out ?. you will have to drive up here and pick it up..i sure as heck ain't shipping the rear end !..rofl.

Woohoo! I like em like that! Bone stock. Great find Shadetree.

Where’d you get the starter?

the one thing i can see missing is the headlight riser kit that owner is supposed to get when they got that front cooler carrier. It raises the headlight up above the carrier rails.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Honda-Headlight-Case-Bracket-1986-TRX350-Fourtrax-61310-HA7-670-C3-/362244432162?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

4 hours ago, shadetree said:

haha..not gonna happen. but !!..if i can't get the second 1986 trx350 fourtrax together and running ?, catfish might part it out ?. you will have to drive up here and pick it up..i sure as heck ain't shipping the rear end !..rofl.

I would be interested in the left and right drive shaft assembly if they are any good

Edited by Goober

1 hour ago, Goober said:

I would be interested in the left and right drive shaft assembly if they are any good

You mean front axles?

5 hours ago, Goober said:

BTW how did the cam chain tension look?

cam chain ran silent.

2 hours ago, Goober said:

i do not know the condition of the front drive axles ?, i also do not know if catfish will part it out even if they are good ?.

5 hours ago, Goober said:

Woohoo! I like em like that! Bone stock. Great find Shadetree.

Where’d you get the starter?

the one thing i can see missing is the headlight riser kit that owner is supposed to get when they got that front cooler carrier. It raises the headlight up above the carrier rails.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Honda-Headlight-Case-Bracket-1986-TRX350-Fourtrax-61310-HA7-670-C3-/362244432162?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

got the starter off the parts bike.

update: spent all day out at catfish's place today with a shopping list for parts for this second 1986 trx350 fourtrax. brought home a lot of parts. main thing i needed to do was get the CORRECT stator, flywheel, starter gears, starter, spark plug coil. around 8pm i unloaded my truck of all the parts i am listing here in this post ( there are more parts i also got ). got the stator all cleaned up, tested, installed, installed starter gears, starter, coated stator edge with some yamabond in one bad spot where the gasket was missing, bolted the stator on, followed with all the starter parts. everything plugged in, spark plug in spark plug boot, laying on engine, hand cranked the kick starter a few times..I GOT SPARK !. then i installed the air box, needs a lid..thought i had one here ?, but did not, i'll grab one from catfish's place next time i am out there. by then..it was late, and i was beat, called it a night on this old girl for now.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:04 AM, Goober said:

bro, the parts bike ( 1986 ) i removed the stator from today still has the front end on it, do you need the front drive axles ?, if they are good ?, you know it wont be cheap to send them to you...right ??.

• Like 1

If you say they are good it will be worth it. I’m not in a terrible hurry I won’t get to greasing those knuckles until January i bet.

7 hours ago, Goober said:

If you say they are good it will be worth it. I’m not in a terrible hurry I won’t get to greasing those knuckles until January i bet.

i tried calling you, i need to know what year model you want these for ?, as the '86 is a one-year only !. i've got two '86's in the bone yard, no clue what either shape is in ?. he wants 200 for a set+ plus shipping. if this is for any other year model ?, he has a lot to choose from, just only has two '86's left in his bone yard. let me know !.

• Like 1

Okay sounds good to me. I’d rather buy from you guys.  I just spent my November allowance on steering knuckles and a box of buffalo meat!!

update: well, this other '86 trx350 fourtrax is putting up one heck of a fight with me !. i got to do a test fire the other night, idles great !, but wont rev up worth a crap. i had a pile of carb's to choose from that i brought home from catfishes place, picked out the easiest one to clean, installed it, fire right up, idles great, but bog's and back fires when giving it throttle ?, not sure what the problem is, i did pull the cam chain slack adjuster out to check the cam chain slack, it looked very good too me. i want to check the timing, but i got the stator side back off, as the gasket that was on the stator i got from catfish's place had a oil leak pretty bad in one spot, so had to pull it back down. lord i hate lifting these old girls on their side...THEY ARE VERY HEAVY !..LOL. so now its on its side, stator cover is off, i just ordered two left side cover gaskets ( one is a spare, they all are the same from '86 to '89 ), two header pipe copper gaskets, one gasket for the muffler to header pipe. i had some bonus bucks left over from the 450 build, OTD was $ 31.40 for all this. looks like i will be on hold until after i get back from the deer woods, will be leaving very early friday morning, headed south down around warren. won't be back until tues or weds, or unless i get a deer or two ?, and come back then.

• Like 1

Is spark plug sooty? If so Try swapping a choke valve; that wouldn’t make it backfire I don’t think.

good luck on your deer hunt!

yup here are my 2 86s; one on right has a clack in the front. Don’t know which side

7367DB67-2C1D-49ED-A251-A1CA92A450C9.jpeg

Edited by Goober

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Is spark plug sooty? If so Try swapping a choke valve; that wouldn’t make it backfire I don’t think.

good luck on your deer hunt!

yup here are my 2 86s; one on right has a clack in the front. Don’t know which side

7367DB67-2C1D-49ED-A251-A1CA92A450C9.jpeg

i did notice the choke valve was different than the fich calls for ?, i can't run it until after i get the left side back together, and exhaust work done, will be after i get back from the deer woods.

• Like 1