Fishfiles

Merry Christmas from the Bayou

Santa working up a pretty good sweat down there in the Bayou...

• Like 3

They are stacking wood for the Christmas barn fires , every year along the Mississippi River levees all thru the Acadia River Parishes ,  they build gigantic fires in different shapes to light the way for  Noel ( Santa Claus )  to find his way down the bayou , it is a big event that has been going on forever , my brother in law lives in Luther , La which is in the heart of the festival , we have been a few times to his parties , it goes on for miles , one fire behind the other , he says he is not participating in making one this year , but his neighbors are ---- we gonna  have a party here at the house , which is great with me cause it is 1 1/2 hour ride -----some people put a lot of time into buillding their fire , a 60 ft alligator , train , pelican , house , are just a few ,  that's a lot of wood   

bonfires 1 .jpeg

bonfire 2 .jpeg

bonfire 4 .jpeg

• Like 5

Merry Christmas to everyone! 

I hope everyone has a great holiday season! I'm just going to be relaxing for 9 days off work! Not going anywhere special. Just the wife & I with our two Rottweilers...

• Like 5

Merry Christmas everyone! Looks like no white christmas for us. Gunna be t-shirt weather here today which will melt what little is left of the white stuff. And a zero % chance of more to come by then.

• Like 3

Doesn't bother me that we are not having white Christmas, pushed enough snow last winter to hold me for a while. Want to wish each and every one of the great forum members a Merry Christmas! Stay safe and enjoy the company of friends and family. 

• Like 2

Happy holidays folks! Be safe and have fun!

• Like 3

Wish there was some CCR, music to play, with the picts., Bayou..

Happy Holidays. supposed to be in the 60's here.. in the 60's, i'd rather be able to play outside, then cooped up with some family.. maybe most 😀

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 2

Merry Christmas from Michigan where we will NOT have snow this year....ok with me

• Like 2

Merry Christmas to All...Christmas lights on an old ship off the Oregon Coast4210C9E6-EF8E-4E67-83AA-F9FD72417EC8.jpeg

• Like 5

Merry Christmas guys.  Last day at the office for me until next Monday, and I don't get on the site much outside of the office because I have a tiny old phone.  I might pop in a time or two, but if I don't, I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

• Like 4