Alohadiving

2013 trx420fm

Hi everyone!

please bare with me as it’s my first time here and first post and hopefully and can get some answers or even a clue as of what’s going on with my atv!

problem is my fuel canister won’t turn when turning the key and sliding the on off switch to the start position, it’s a brand new OEM fuel pump and was working prior to me rebuilding the clutch. On the transmission light (amber) it blinks 7 short blinks. Anyone knows the code for that issue?

thanks in advance!

I am unfamiliar with these models but do you think the gear position indicator may be misdirected or gear indicator circuit incomplete? The fuel pump may not operate until an overriding ignition fault (for instance gear in neutral) is corrected.
do you have a service manual?

Goober thanks for the reply!

I don’t have any clue on what’s going on but when I finished installing the clutch disc and installed the motor, the transmission was stuck in gear! I had to rock the atv back and forth to get it out and into neutral.

Welcome aboard.  The factory service manual is available free in PDF format at the top of the page right below the header (service manuals"

Code 7 should be the temp sensor on the head right next to the spark plug.  Is your fan on and temp light on as well?

Hi jeepwm69

Thanks for the reply!

the fan temp light is on and I have the fan unhooked at the moment! The 2 pin connector for the temp sensor broke off so I replaced it with an eBay one! Could that be the problem?

I do have the repair manual on file but couldn’t locate the troubleshooting part for fi light codes.

Jeepwm69!

I do have an OEM temp/coolant sensor I’ll try to install it after work today. Also do I need to reset any thing to clear the flash code?

27 minutes ago, Alohadiving said:

Hi jeepwm69

Thanks for the reply!

the fan temp light is on and I have the fan unhooked at the moment! The 2 pin connector for the temp sensor broke off so I replaced it with an eBay one! Could that be the problem?

I do have the repair manual on file but couldn’t locate the troubleshooting part for fi light codes.

Look in the PGM-FI section.  That's where the error codes are listed.

8 minutes ago, Alohadiving said:

Jeepwm69!

I do have an OEM temp/coolant sensor I’ll try to install it after work today. Also do I need to reset any thing to clear the flash code?

I don't believe so, but I'm not positive.

Maybe @toodeep could answer that one.

The code will go away once the problem is fixed. It will still be a stored code but you won't see it. It sounds like you pulled the motor to do the clutch job?

Thanks for the reply toodeep!

yes I did pull the motor! Twice first time I forgot a washer over the drive clutch but it started right up. Then took it out and installed it the same day and now I have this problem! 

On 10/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, Alohadiving said:

Thanks for the reply toodeep!

yes I did pull the motor! Twice first time I forgot a washer over the drive clutch but it started right up. Then took it out and installed it the same day and now I have this problem!