Blacrick83

Quad won’t shift with ES or manual foot shifter

Hey all, still fighting this quad. Finally got it pull started, let it warm up and backed it out of the garage and now it won’t come out of reverse. Tried pushing it back and forth with zero success. Foot Shifter seems to move up and down freely but not grabbing a gear or shifting. 

Edited by Blacrick83

1 hour ago, Blacrick83 said:

Hey all, still fighting this quad. Finally got it pull started, let it warm up and backed it out of the garage and now it won’t come out of reverse. Tried pushing it back and forth with zero success. Foot Shifter seems to move up and down freely but not grabbing a gear or shifting. 

i'm confused here, is it an electric shift ?, or a manual shift ?. have you tried adjusting the clutch to see if that helps ?.

It’s an electric shift but the ES only goes down or up 1 gear so we’ve been using the foot shifter. Finally got it started and able to keep it running so thought we’d run it out to see and clicked it down into reverse manually, backed it out of the garage and went to kick it into 1st and now the foot shifter seems to not be grabbing any gears and won’t shift out of reverse. 

Sounds to me like something is broken inside the case , like the bolt sheered off the shift shaft , just had a brother member go thru that 

I think it is #28 that sheers off or un-screwed it's self 

image.png

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Sounds to me like something is broken inside the case , like the bolt sheered off the shift shaft , just had a brother member go thru that 

I think it is #28 that sheers off or un-screwed it's self 

image.png

right bolt, wrong part..lol. that bolt attaches to the shift drum, not the shift shaft, shift shaft would be 31 or 18 in the fich.

Ok , lets be politically correct , shift shaft /  shift drum , tomato /  tamato ---  that thing of a jig ----   LOL  ----  

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Ok , lets be politically correct , shift shaft /  shift drum , tomato /  tamato ---  that thing of a jig ----   LOL  ----  

haha..well..me and you know what is what ?, but some folks don't have a clue what part is what !..lol.

Did you Adjust the clutch?

Is the battery less than three years old?

If the clutch is out of adjustment you can still have problems shifting with the gearshift tool.