Wheeler

Honda 300 Spark Plug Heat Range

So as per manual, the hotter plug heat range is specified for a colder climate. I’ve never noticed this before until today.. regular is DPR8EA & 5c or colder they spec DPR7EA… I’m going to get one & try it.. not sure if I’ll gain/benefit from it, but she’s already down to -5 c….

216A7826-485E-4E6F-83C5-6714E1291EE0.jpeg

• Like 1

I run a one step colder plug. Because im high compression. Stock for my quad calls for a DPR8Z. I run a DPR9Z. But that is just what i was told to run for my build. Not exaxtly sure the reasoning behind it? Something to do with the higher compression creating more heat and causing pre-ignition. Get to technical for my understanding lol

• Like 3

I read the same thing about going with a higher compression piston. I still have a colder plug kicking around as well. I put the hotter plug in, & I'll try it out while hunting, & keep eye on the all around performance, & see how if any difference there is...

Well that was a flop.. #7 wayy to hot. I had to pull over this morning while out hunting & swap back to #8. She was running like crap & plug was white! Back to #8 & runs like a champ.. I had to try.. 

Edited by Wheeler