Wormy

Parts Needed

Anybody have a front skid plate or a seat/seat foam laying around for a 1999 Honda Foreman 450. Trying to get my grandfathers old 4wheeler up and going and needing these. I have the seat and some foam but the foam is pretty chewed up. Any and all help would be appreciated.

new to the forum but have already read so many threads. Going to love it here!

1 hour ago, Wormy said:

Anybody have a front skid plate or a seat/seat foam laying around for a 1999 Honda Foreman 450. Trying to get my grandfathers old 4wheeler up and going and needing these. I have the seat and some foam but the foam is pretty chewed up. Any and all help would be appreciated.

new to the forum but have already read so many threads. Going to love it here!

i just gave a 2004 trx450fm seat, and home made front skid plate away, yer a couple days late..lol.

I got a couple of 450 seats you could  pick from , but it would have to be  local pick up in southern Louisiana only , cause it would cost more to ship it than it is worth 

I am in middle Tennessee so that wouldn't work. Are they in good shape? Wonder what it would cost to ship one?

1 hour ago, Wormy said:

I am in middle Tennessee so that wouldn't work. Are they in good shape? Wonder what it would cost to ship one?

anywhere from 20 to 40 bucks to ship ups.

If its a complete seat i would be willing to pay that for it. Depending on how much you would want for it and if they are in good shape.

11 minutes ago, Wormy said:

If its a complete seat i would be willing to pay that for it. Depending on how much you would want for it and if they are in good shape.

you can buy a brand new seat from rocky mountain atv, shipping would be free, for right at 100 bucks, least it was for the 2004 trx450fm i just finished restoring ?!.

• Like 1

every once in a while, i travel to knoxville,tn. to visit a close friend of mine, he lives outside of knoxville. i built him a 2003 trx450fm just like the one pic'd  above ^^^, cept i put high lifter front disk brakes on his, and a warn pro vantage 2500s winch on his.

Shadedtree, just got done looking through that build on the customization page. Super clean setup!!! I will look into that and see. I have the bases and the foam but the foam has a few holes in it and i will still need a cover. Just didnt know if any body close might have one or something.

19 minutes ago, Wormy said:

Shadedtree, just got done looking through that build on the customization page. Super clean setup!!! I will look into that and see. I have the bases and the foam but the foam has a few holes in it and i will still need a cover. Just didnt know if any body close might have one or something.

i tried recovering seats many yrs ago..that is one skill i am not good at !..lol. i'll let the pro's recover seats if they are worth fixing ?, otherwise, i'll buy a new seat if they are still around from honda ?.

As long as they are available i Buy new OEM it costs less than a recover. you’ll be happier and it’ll fit better. As seats age, and sometimes when they’re recovered, the pan warps and they dont fit right.

Sounds good, i will just look into getting a stock replacement seat. 

I'm guessing the front skid plates are a little harder to come by.

Anybody know if there is a company that makes a replacement for it?

Pans can warp as Goober said, but if the pan is in good shape, you could fill the holes in the foam and staple a seat cover on it. 

I get seat covers from this guy, and they are always a perfect fit, and come with instructions.   I'm a klutz and I've recovered a few seats that looked new when I was done.

He doesn't show a 450 cover, but if you message him he can likely get one for you.  I've gotten Rincon, 05-11 Foreman, and 300 covers from him and all have fit like a glove. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/kentskovers4u/m.html?item=254666395054&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562