Akunin

Firearms

13 hours ago, Loosemarbles said:

Colt AR 15 Sig 9mm Sig 40 cal 1958 marlin golden 39a. 1978 marlin golden 39a. Wife bought me a browning tbolt 22 bolt action for Christmas.  That’s my go to squirrel rifle. I’ve head shot squirrels out to 75 yards with it scoped of course. Marlin doesn’t make the 39a anymore. So I don’t shoot the two that much. Will pass them on as heirlooms to the grand kids. 

1A55D566-5FD7-4838-AECF-BBEECD111410.jpeg

I grew up with a Winchester man for a father, but nobody makes a lever gun like Marlin (or at least, the older Marlins).

Those are nice.  Last I heard you could still get a 39A through the Marlin custom shop.  I think they were only about $3K.....LOL

I think the only reason Remlin is still offering them through the custom shop is so they can say it's the longest production firearm still being made.

25 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I grew up with a Winchester man for a father, but nobody makes a lever gun like Marlin (or at least, the older Marlins).

Those are nice.  Last I heard you could still get a 39A through the Marlin custom shop.  I think they were only about $3K.....LOL

I think the only reason Remlin is still offering them through the custom shop is so they can say it's the longest production firearm still being made.

The marlin custom shop no thanks lol. I’ve had good luck ordering Guns from gun brokers. I think I paid $450 for the older model and $750 for the newer one. Both are very accurate with cci mini mags or eley subsonic. I’m on the look out for a Winchester 9422 real fine rifle. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 9:56 AM, Outnback said:

Ahhhhh ??? Is there any "Bad Habits" you guys don't have ??  Let see, atv's, bikes, fast cars, bad-! trucks,  and now guns ??  Oh, an occasional reference to BEER !

Just Kidding of Course! Glad to see ya-all are normal folks! 😄    I like this as well!

IMG_0006.JPG

You can add whiskey rum and moonshine to that list also😂

Edited by Loosemarbles
  • Like 1

This country wouldnt even be here without em, its the one and only thing that does and will guarantee our freedom! Alot of people died so we could own them .

its as American as Apple pie and Grandma!!!

I personally would never/ ever give them up period 

1DD753E3-AA3F-4B81-956B-51F5C3C114A2.jpeg

• Like 2

Joe Biden said , 
 " you don't need no AR-14 ( LOL )  to shoot no deeer " ,  he's right , you need the  AR-15 to keep your bread from being robbed from you , so you can soak up the gravy from that deer stew 

• Like 4

after creating this thread I kind of let it sit and stew a bit to see what direction it was going to go. So far everyone here has had a pretty level head and can act like adults! Thanks to everyone for keeping it civil and sharing some really good stuff! 

• Like 7

I think there are a lot of good folks on this forum that think of their firearms, like their ATVs, as another tool..

We value our ability to be self reliant, we enjoy being able to get the job done..

whether it's a good chain saw day and hauling wood back in the truck, or the honda, tending to acerage and livestock, fencing, etc where our hondas are great enablers.

Our firearms...yes, hunting, sport, self defense, and a line of caution against tyranny.

well made tools have stood the test of time...I value my dad's old Lionel trains, I value my old 1960s Vintage guitar amplifiers and guitars, I value my old Hondas, and I value the family firearms.

I've had to sit quietly and just nod my head as friends, co-workers, and even family have cried about not being able to find any ammo, or hour long lines at Cabellas where they hand you a buzzer like they do at the restaurants..and folks are all upset that they can't get a firearm at a time when they at least perceive they might need one to fend off home invadors or parking lot thieves who want to steal their toilet paper.

The immediate family know that Pop is an old zombie prepper, so they take comfort in the knowledge that if their limited supply of beans or bullets runs low, they only have to call me.

I value and enjoy my firearms as the tools and the sport they provide for me.

I've also taken many many advanced courses as I felt an obligation to be the best I can be if I chose to carry deadly force.

and i've recognized the value of being able to hunt and process if my freezer ever goes empty.

and , yes, we have some political servants who have not learned their place of responsibility in our constitutional replublic, that continually threaten to remove guns, as well as our other freedoms.

So, while I never felt like I "needed" an AR15 (AR10 is actually my preferred but have both platforms), probably the main reason I own them is cause I saw ol Dianne Frankenstein, or lil Mr. Hogg on TV telling me I should not be allowed to own them...

btw...the latest AR15 is named after young David Hogg, and the big AR10 is named Dianne...just so I could remember why I even bothered to spend the money.

prior to that, the only rifle platform I own that came close was my old ruger mini 14 ranch rifle..which spent the first 10-15yrs of it's life dealing with prairie dogs and armadillas in an effort to save livestock from damaged legs...the ruger still stands in the corner of the bedroom at the ready for the current coyote population here...they come in for the goose eggs this time of year.

so there's the preface...I'll likely not be able to resist more detailed gun chat here shortly...cause I love talking about the various platforms and brands as much as the next man.

• Like 3

ok boys...let me go to my more current, and probably my most extreme platform to kick this thing off.

here's the promotional youtube video ad from the company...they've had delays in getting product to market, but for the very few of us who have been able to get one... oh my!!  Love it...incredible enabler.

• Like 3

i had already gotten into an M17 when uncle sam got the bugs worked out and declared it the new platform (yes, along with plenty of political wrangling).  but really, I was looking as much at it for it's 21rd capacity and the very nice striker fire trigger (much better than Sig's 320 series for some reason)...

I'm an old 1911 guy, so I've never felt I needed more than the 8 rds (I do keep a fist full of McCormick 10rd extended mags for my 1911s)...but when the politicians kept saying I shouldn't be allowed to have more than 10rds...well, the Sig gave me a nicely made 21rd fitted mag (I don't care to have 30rd sticks hanging out of a glock etc)

so anyway, when the Flux Defense boys came out with their PDW brace for M17 dropin...yeah...easy decision.

• Like 4

There's a budget M&P15 sport2 that shares the several thousand rds of 5.56 on hand with my mini14..

oother than hogue grip upgrade and a light, I've left it stock, including the trigger..it was my trunk gun back couple years ago when I had to commute to the city for work at the bank and we were having the nightly riots over a police shooting incident.

the Armalite (AR10) is for work from 300yrds out.. my long range instructor has me inside of 4inches at 400yds (inside of 6inches at 500yds) prone on the mat off hand (well, off elbow) with this short barrelled platform..and that's good nuff for the social work I had wanted to train for...and that's with Federal's std 147gr milspec stuff.

CQB 12ga includes one hanging on the back of the headboard, one that rides in the scabbard on the dirt bike front fork or over my shoulder when I'm out on the fourtrax.

my always Carry is an old 1989 Colt mustang 380...I had started carrying it when I was doing the concert biz...needed something that could live in a belt pouch since my normal dress was cargo shorts and a tucked polo shirt with my logo...no where to hide a larger gun and I didn't want something in my pocket..needed a secure carry and the Nemisis zipper pouch really looks like a PDA for a phone or something..it doesn't scream "gun".

for dressup date night, there's a nice Kimber ultra 3inch 1911 in 45acp of course that hides well for dinner and movie dates.

a springfield ultra 1911  lives in my gethome bag in the commuter car...I had gotten it used off an LEO friend (lots of friends and several family LEO through the generations)..it was definitely not a safe queen, and it came to me cheap so I'm good with it living in the bag.

still have the old S&W 4006 duty pistol...talk about a boat anchor..gawd that gun is heavy... LEO only under old Clinton era ban so I've still got those evil 11rd capactiy mags marked "LEO only"  on them...civilian mags were 10rds...go figure...1 whole bullet! (grin)

what else..oh yeah..zombie shotgun...auto loader mossberg 930... had to really modify that thing to get it reliable..but it is..and when the shoulder is in the mood to toss 50 or so buck n slug..yeah..it's a lot of fun

there's other stuff here, but most important, my Dad's guns...old model 12 16ga, winchester lever 30.30 and a couple Ruger Mark1 target plinkers that still see a lot of use.

the wife has her own ruger 10/22, a compact 9mm and a colt 380 govt model.

I forgot to mention my ruger 10/22 takedown...fun little thing to take on camp trips.

as for ammo panic...well, the floor in the closet really saggs...so I guess I'm good and we'll leave it at that. (grin)

• Like 2

i use bore butter in my shotgun's. barrel's stay cleaner, an they don't rust as much, if i leave them untended.[an i do], maybe they dont kick as much. the last statement is conjecture. sure feels like they dont kick as much.

20 hours ago, shrade said:

Love that Flux M17!

it is amazing...it is an enabler.. I've had a couple of my buds who are former LEO and Marines and are expert pistol guys.. they embarras me on the dot torture targets etc...and at 30-45 feet out they are faster, tighter.

then I put lesser shooters, like my wife and one of my adult children on the same range/target with their favorite pistols...full size 9mm smith for one, a compact m&P9 for the other..and they are shooting 4-8inch groups at best... i hand them this platform..trigger, grip, everything unfamiliar and they are keyholing instantly ...granted there's a Delta Point on top to help too, but still...the platform just simply works.

On 1/9/2020 at 1:49 PM, Bighanded said:

hit enter too quick..sorry..point was...yeah, it wasn't until after the ammo panic and the industry started to recover, that i started seeing those buckets of bullets piled up on the endcaps at the big box stores...not sure if quality began to suffer, or maybe just quality control, cause you can read reviews and one guy will say it's great, the next will say he had 40 duds in his bucket.,,end of the day...we're takin range plinkin grade ammo here...so if you hear a click and no bang...rack it and try try again (grin)

i read a reference to white boxed ammo from wally world. 92fs Beretta, was getting jammed. its made in Italy, parabellum.. clip unloads at bottom. maybe the wrong ammo was also loaded. got any ideals?

Heres my masterpiece arms mp30

Uses glock 9mm mags so i can run it with 100 round barrels if i want to.

20200329_093407.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

20200329_093407.jpg

Slammed , that looks like a Zombie Slaying Weapon you got there !!!! 

More like a tactical weapon for anything it could be needed for. It has a 400 lumen light on it with a strobe setting and a basic red dot sight. Modern warfare style lol

• Like 2

I got a question for you'll  gun guys :  Are  Hy-Shocks fragmenting bullets  the same type of bullet as what is called  Black Talons ? 

On 3/29/2020 at 1:52 AM, LedFTed said:

i read a reference to white boxed ammo from wally world. 92fs Beretta, was getting jammed. its made in Italy, parabellum.. clip unloads at bottom. maybe the wrong ammo was also loaded. got any ideals?

I can only share my personal experience from a number of years back.. I had long used what we call "wally World white box"  in my older 3rd gen S&W 40cal and also in my lil Colt mustang 380...while I noted the ammo was dirty, I didn't have any/many failures.

but when I tried to use white box in my compact 1911 carry guns..quality guns..springfield ultra and kimber ultra models..it turned both of them into jammomatics..the guns run 100% with blazer, federal, independance, etc..but try to feed them the wallyworld winchester and they'd fail 1 in 4 rounds or worse...

local gun shop smith advised me that he sees this alot with that...tighter guns can be less tolerant..anyway.. I simply stepped away from that brand/source years ago and never looked back.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, SlammedRanger said:

20200329_093407.jpg

good deal.. I'm a big fan of PDW platforms now that I've gotten into one..quick, fast, accurate...enabler!

• Like 1

The Sig M17 comes with factory 21 rd mags..you can see it in it's orginal Milspec format in the first picture. I have "a number"  of extra mags for it.

the second picture is the unit loaded into the Flux MP17 PDW chasis.

as the video demonstrates, the tuch a lever on the side of the gun and the stock ejects into brace position.

but compressed, this thing fits perfectly into my small size laptop bag with room to spare.

m17.jpeg

mp17.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bighanded said:

I can only share my personal experience from a number of years back.. I had long used what we call "wally World white box"  in my older 3rd gen S&W 40cal and also in my lil Colt mustang 380...while I noted the ammo was dirty, I didn't have any/many failures.

but when I tried to use white box in my compact 1911 carry guns..quality guns..springfield ultra and kimber ultra models..it turned both of them into jammomatics..the guns run 100% with blazer, federal, independance, etc..but try to feed them the wallyworld winchester and they'd fail 1 in 4 rounds or worse...

local gun shop smith advised me that he sees this alot with that...tighter guns can be less tolerant..anyway.. I simply stepped away from that brand/source years ago and never looked back.

I have had similar experience with this cheap junk ammo you mentioned. 

• Like 1